• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTT: AlTin PD-S for Nude PD-S (TRADED)

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTT: AlTin PD-S for Nude PD-S

The finish holds up great. I have one of the 3 AlTiN Mules and have used it as my primary light for many dozens of miles of night hiking. I also carry it frequently and it is my bedside light. I use it, literally, every single day.

Still looks minty. I don't abuse it, but I don't baby it either. It lives on the floor.

If I had a shelf queen PD-S to offer, this thread would be closed already.

fyrstormer

Banned

Hmm...totally hypothetical situation here ;)...let's say you got drunk and fumbled it while pulling it out of your pocket, tossing it about six feet into the air before it fell on pavement. Would the finish chip, or would it still stick to the metal even though the metal got dented?

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm...totally hypothetical situation here ;)...let's say you got drunk and fumbled it while pulling it out of your pocket, tossing it about six feet into the air before it fell on pavement. Would the finish chip, or would it still stick to the metal even though the metal got dented?

i've heard that story from somewhere:thinking::)

good luck on the sale PhantomZ:thumbsup:

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast

Neither. It would dangle from the lanyard that would be attached to my belt. :thumbsup:

But, assuming someone came along and cut my lanyard, first I'd kick their ***, then I'd pick my light up and see that the coating had been scratched. Never said it was bulletproof.... :shrug: But it's definitely WAY tougher than electric or heat anodizing.

Someone better snag this or I am going to start shopping for a shelf queen trade!!

E-J-J

Enlightened

Hello :wave:

Is the trade approval?
I have PD-S non mizer (great condition)
The trade is hoped for.
If it is possible, it is PM me.

Thank you.

E-J-J

PhantomZ

Enlightened

hi fyrstormer. i'm not sure exactly how hard the finish is. maybe something like the HA3 which is pretty tough so it'll hold up better than just bare Ti. just a note said from the previous owner, "The AlTiN coating is strong and durable but wears at the sharp edges over time with normal handling". that being said there are some bare Ti showing on the shard edges on a couple spots, BUT you'll only notice them if you look very closely. my finger prints on it are more noticeable. i have a fenix Lo-Ti thats been riding with my keys and all these years there is only 1 tiny nick and minor hairline scratches all around which can easily be buffed out so i'm sure the AlTin will be just fine. just like souptree said, "I don't abuse it, but I don't baby it either". these lights are too expensive for me to keep as a shelf queen. which is why i want the best of the best so i know they are reliable and will last for years with use. i'm only looking for a shelf queen so i know i'm the first to put a mark on it from being used, lol. that and i have a PEU bezel with trits from my current EDC (which will be up on the BST later when this trade goes through) that will match the bare Ti.

FlashInThePan, is she a shelf queen, hm hm? it's not considered cheating if it's the same wife right? it's just with a different robe on :p

fish-king, thanks for the luck and the bump!

E-J-J, i'll give you a pm sometime tonight after i have my dinner. just got off work and i'm starving!

thanks everyone for the info, comments and bumps!

FlashInThePan

Enlightened

FlashInThePan, is she a shelf queen, hm hm? it's not considered cheating if it's the same wife right? it's just with a different robe on :p

Sadly, she is. I like to use my lights, but for some reason, I've always babied my McGizmos. Can't help it; they're works of art!

Mine's a shelf queen PD-S with a spiffy green trit in her butt. (It's like lingerie for flashlights). Let me know if the other offer falls through; I'm not sure I'm ready to trade yet, but I'm pretty darn close - that AlTin coating is just calling my name.

- FITP