Ultimate 60 made for the marines - I think I finally found my favorite!

chef4850

Enlightened
I purchased a ultimate 60 made for the marines light about three months ago. when I recieved the light there was something about this light that I really liked but really didn't know what it was. After edcing it for a while it became the light that I need to have on me. So ........ here is what I really like about this light. I do not have any way of posting pictures but the light is on the BS site under EDC lights and toward the bottom of the page.

First off I have a few other nova tac lights - 120t - 120e and a 120p. The u60 marines is a more appealing llight in my opinion and here is why.

1). I like that there are no cut outs as with the other nova tac lights and I really like this. Very comfortable in the hand.

2). the ano on the different sections of the light do not match, but this is one of the things I like about the look of this light. It looks rugged!

3). the UI is the best that I have seen or used. Very easy to set all the levels to where you want them with infinate brightness. I know this is the same as the 120p and the RA's (I have several) but I still like the u60 marines better. It just seems like it is a "better" overall light.

4). the knurling on the u60 marines light is less aggressive than on the other nova tac lights similar to the RA's and I like it.

5). the price of the 120p (if you can find one) is more than the u60 marines light and functions the same way.

6). the u60 marines light is as bright as the nova tac lights on a white wall. The beam is flawless and a very good mix of throw and spill. The low is low and the high (I do not really use that much) is high enough for just about any task.

I do have one very minor issue with the light. It doesn't come with a clip. You can purchase one for around the $4 mark and still keeps the price below the 120p price.

I know that the 120t is programable using the "back door easter egg" and is less expensive than the u60 marines light, but there is a lot that pulls me to the ultimate made for the marines light and this light was well worth the money spent. So I purchased three more and everyone has worked flawlessly.

I have searched for other info on the u60 marines light but there seems to be very little info on this light. Just some thoughts and if anyone has this light I would like to hear your input as to what you think about it.

Chef

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds like it has the body of a HDS EDC but with a RA ui. I agree with you about the ''side cuts'', I prefer without these grooves.

chef4850

Enlightened
I realize that most of this is tirvial but there is just something well honestly it is everything that I like about this light.

Chef