Pentagonlight L3-mods?

NickM

Newly Enlightened
Will have this light in another day or two, and was wondering what is doable on these?
Currently runs a Luxeon V-what is a good module to replace with?
I want to retain the 3 CR123's, not run rechangrables, and would also like to retain the reflector and driver (if possible).
Are there any led's that improve substantially on the Lux V and drop in?
If I understand right, the Lux V runns higher voltage at the emitter than most others-true or not?
If so, obviously the driver would have to go as well.
Would I be further ahead just leaving it alone?
Thanks for any info.

Nick

NickM

Newly Enlightened
Well, it won't be in my posession until tomorrow or Friday, so pics will have to wait until then.

Nick

Ruudi

Newly Enlightened
I just received all the parts to convert my X-3 light to LED. I'm concerned about the output of the Cree R2 Drop-in SKU 11836.

Prior to modding anything, I put the module on top of 3xCR123 to compare it with the xenon module of my sole surviving X-3. Hmmmmm? The R2 module puts out less than half the brightness of the xenon.

I must admit, I know nothing about about rating different emitters, but I'm thinking something's wrong here.

I'm looking for intensity relatively close to the xenon for use as a weapon light on my rifle. Heat output is not a major concern since it won't run for extended time.

Can you guys advise on what I'm missing?

Thanks!

NickM

Newly Enlightened
Okay, so I opened it up, the module itself does not look like it can be disassembled.
In your link, you are usding that reflector with a P60 drop in pill?

Nick

NickM

Newly Enlightened
Pics of the bezel and the module:
P1000598.jpg

P1000599.jpg

P1000600.jpg

P1000601.jpg

P1000602.jpg

Nick

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like the drop in should unscrew. It may require some heat though.

A Cree MC-E would be a nice replacement for the Lux V.

Latest posts