Upgradeable led flashlights???????????

ranmcc

Newly Enlightened
What are the upgradeable led flashlights out there? I know about Deerelight what about others?

Thanks for any help..........

Alberta-Blue

Newly Enlightened
Surefire is sorta the benchmark for alot of the "Drop-in upgradable" host type of lights... well at least until their new line comes out where they pretty well nix the use of drop-ins. For their current lights, your prolly going to find that the largest selection of drop-ins, and parts are made to be compatable with SF products.

Dereelight, Solarforce, and Wolfeyes also have drop-in upgradable componants and probably will for some time to come.

Elzetta and Malkoff also have their own line of hosts that are designed specifically for the Malkoff M30/M60 series of drop-ins

keep in mind if your willing to do the work and have the knowhow almost any flashlight can be upgraded in some way.

ranmcc

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info. I bought a Tiablo 9 last year and have now put an aspheric lens on it. It gets out there with throw but I want a flood light now,,,,,,,,,but want something that is more upgradeable than the Tiablo. Dont want to be held back with anything that is new coming out.

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
if you want flood, nailbender makes an sst-90 dropin for P60 compatible hosts that is beautiful and bright! i love mine in my surefire 6P (need to make sure it runs on 18650 of course)

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
i looked for that host list...i thought i remembered it being a sticky, i guess i was mistaken...but it definitely should be

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Dereelights are made to be upgradeable with interchangeable parts. When a new emitter comes out, just buy the new LED. interchangeable

Latest posts