My big Jetbeams

palomino77

Newly Enlightened
Comparing the four big JETBEAMS, this is my humble opinion for those of you who are thinking of buying one of these.

If I had to keep just one, I would keep the RRT-2, it has a warm tint, OP reflector and still has fantastic throw, it tail stands, has lanyard, the UI is great, comes with a great holster from Jetbeam.

All in all the RRT's are great lights I also have the RRT-0 and it is fantastic small light with perfect strong clip

Between the RRT-2 and Jet III M, I like RRT-2. :twothumbs

Between the RRT-1 and M1X, the M1X has great throw and more useable light but has less run time and you have to have paired cells, you can't use any 18650 that is available at the time, like taking off another light. The RRT-1 has the best throw, but has less useable light and lots of cree rings but you can use any 18650 available and has great run time, great UI and smaller then M1X, if there was a OP or hybrid reflector. It just might become the light you have to get. :)

Question for you experts; the RRT-1 right now has an incredible tight hot spot. Changing to an OP or hybrid reflector, how much would it hurt hot spot and throw? :thinking:

Here are Some pics
jetbeam.jpg

jetbeamii.jpg

wildweed

Newly Enlightened
well i just got RRT-1 and it has the hybrid reflector which i thought was smooth but it looks textured. just wondering if your smo has any texter to it at all ? as far as throw its the farthest thrower i have but i guess i not blown away but i did just get it 2 days ago and really haven't been out with it just outside the house. i have for sure lit up objects @ 100 to 150 yds but beyond that i don't know yet:shrug:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
everytime i see this thread, ill stop by just to look at your pic.
its a very nice pic btw. and those jetbeams looks soo lovely, especially the Ms.
its saturday, so im gonna wait til sunday night or monday to order my M:)

brianch

Enlightened
Similar lights :grin2: similar picture :grin2:

I was contemplating a RRT-2 but wanted to wait out a bit to see what JETBeam was going to offer for 2010 before I did.

Nice lights :D

4287695970_37ca1f3eb6_b.jpg

wildweed

Newly Enlightened
Went out tonight and checking out the RRT-1 and 250 to 300 yds was lit up with ease.:thumbsup: WOW! The hybrid reflector on my RRT-1 looks like the one on the op's m1x

Last edited:

Newly Enlightened
+1 on the RRT-2.

Performance, run time, ergonomics, build quality, looks, an all around excellent light.

coolperl

Newly Enlightened
the RRT-1 right now has an incredible tight hot spot. Changing to an OP or hybrid reflector, how much would it hurt hot spot and throw? :thinking:

As far as I know, there're no replacement OP reflectors for RRT-1... The hybrid has also smooth surface. Have you tried the focus function ? If the hotspot is too tight for you, try to un-focus the head. The hotspot become less tight and the light is more usable on short distances. This feature works great on my RRT-1 :thumbsup:

Last edited:

pobox1475

Enlightened
I would keep the RRT-2, it has a warm tint, OP reflector and still has fantastic throw, it tail stands, has lanyard, the UI is great, comes with a great holster from Jetbeam.
:confused: I recently got one and there is/was no holster.

Liteskr42

Newly Enlightened
I still think the JetIIIm is the best overall all purpose best light . I havnt owned the others but the JetIIIm is a great size,great felxibility and great looks all in an affordable pkg. Its built like a tank too!!

JKPinPDX

Newly Enlightened
I noticed in the first BIG picture, the JETIII M has a nice mild strike bezel.
In the SECOND big picture, the JETIII M has a flat bezel.

So my question is... do you have the upgraded crenelated strike bezel from Jetbeam on your JetIII m model? I think they offer 3 types... the standard flat, then the Medium one (like the one you have on it) then their is the aggressive bezel (the one I just ordered)... did you order the upgraded bezel? Or is that how it came from the factory?

I just ordered this light with the large aggressive bezel and have been looking for a nice suitable holster that will fit it WITH the teeth on. (If anyone knows of a good hight quality holster that will fit it, please let me know.) OR I will just have to order the medium sized strike bezel (I like the one you have on yours) where did you get it by the way?

Nice lights! Im starting my Jetbeam collection starting with my first one, ordered from goinggear.com. Im waiting for my grey one to come in... :twothumbs

pobox1475

Enlightened
If anyone knows of a good hight quality holster that will fit it, please let me know.
Take a look at the Maxpedition 4 and 5" tube holsters. Should be plenty durable and secure. I am waiting for the FG ones to finish production next month.

JKL

Enlightened
JEBeams are nice flashlights.

My JET 2009 collection:

dscf5935w.jpg

dscf6063v.jpg

dscf5937.jpg

JKL

Klm12 Cpfitalia