High CRI P7s!

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just asked SSC about this, the reply from them was that they've just completed development of warm and natural white P7s with higher CRI.

MP schedule is March. Can't wait for these.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's about time they solved their yield issues. Odds are that they'll be hard to come by though. :(

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very true. Well, when they come out tell me when you want to set up a group buy, I'll definitely be in.:wave:

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I won't be doing much of anything on here until overtime ends at work. I've got just about enough time now to finish up prior obligations in between work and sleep :sigh:

Can't wait til the summer slowdown :D

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it can put out 300 lumens at 700 mA, is there any reason this can't be put into a P60 dropin for a bright, pocketable, high-CRI flashlight in your favorite host of choice?

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought it stood for mass production as well. At least, I hope it does.

See no reason why it can't be used in a P60 dropin, as long as you're looking for more of a floody beam I think it'd work great.

R33E8

Newly Enlightened
If anyone is still interested, I was told they should be available by May I think. They are also going to change the die wiring setup from fully parallel to 2S2P..

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely still interested in them, and happy to know that they're being rewired, should make them a lot easier to deal with. Thanks for the info!:thumbsup:

luckybucket

Newly Enlightened
Awesome! I was looking forward to neutral xp-g's, but I would rather have one of these. This will go into my pocket light so everyone can see what led's are capable of since that is the one they see most.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
If anyone is still interested, I was told they should be available by May I think. They are also going to change the die wiring setup from fully parallel to 2S2P..

This all sounds good! I'm looking forward to it and the change to 2S2P is really positive as well. Unless they keep everything internal, 2S2P would be easy to convert back to 4P just by a solder bridge between leads which is nice and quick to do.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is exactly what I have been waiting for; the hope for this is what has forestalled recent flashlight purchases (it's literally been months since my last fix). I am ready to shed the warm/neutral tint craze for some real color rendition. I can't wait to see what the CRI is going to be....90? 94?

:popcorn: