TK40 Parts

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
I like my TK40 a lot but I just don't love the battery setup that much.
I would like to buy an extra battery rail/pack for it but can't find it being sold seperately anywhere.

Do anyone know what shop will sell me one online?

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think the TK40 battery holder is sold as an accessory (I would like to have one myself). You can send an email directly to Fenix and ask them though.

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
Thanks, have done the e-mail today. I'm sure they might have it as an accesory, but it is not on their website.

collo

Newly Enlightened
When contacting companies for TK40 battery carriers, would it be possible to ask about spare body barrels also?

These two components could be cut down and re-joined (carrier rewired) to make a stubby 4AA light that fits nicely in the hand and retains the 630 lumens (short-term usage)

Last edited:

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
When contacting companies for TK40 battery carriers, would it be possible to ask about spare body barrels also?

These two components could be cut down and re-joined (carrier rewired) to make a stubby 4AA light that fits nicely in the hand and retains the 630 lumens (short-term usage)

Have no idea if it can be done, but it would be very cool. I would also be interrested if possible

collo

Newly Enlightened
a little inspiration.... it could look like this.....

sk40.jpg

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
SK40:twothumbs Looks great

Why not send them an E-mail with your suggestion to them. They might just go for it!

collo

Newly Enlightened
@lightseeker2009: This mod would be for enthusiasts only and would require a re-design of the head to be a commercial proposition...

I did a test as reported in this post where 4*Eneloops on turbo were OK for up to 1/2 hr, but got excessively hot beyond that. The amount of user awareness required in this configuration would be similar to that for working with unprotected Li-ion batteries.

At the moment, the head will drop to a lower output level when the current delivered by 8AA batteries increases to a given point.

The problem when using 4AA is that this current is being delivered by one group of cells rather than the two parallel groups of the 8AA situation (where each group supplies half the current). To protect in the 4AA situation, the currrent limit in the head would need to be half its present value.

It's hard to see that manufacturing a third head design for a light that was only good for half an hour, would be a viable commercial proposition for Fenix. I think we're on our own with this one.

@orbspeed1: Because the TK30 and TK40 have different input voltage limits, you would only be able to run a single 18650 into the TK40 head. As to whether turbo mode would trip the battery protection, I don't know, but since the TK30 will not give 630 lumens on 1*18650, I suspect it would.