Raptor RRT 0 Questions

T777

Newly Enlightened
Hi! I have been thinking of getting the jetbeam rrt 0 light for sometime now. I was wondering about the control ring. How reliable are lights with control rings in general? Will they be able to withstand impacts?

Also, does it put out anywhere near the stated 240 lumens?

annnndd if i purchase it from goinggear , will it come with a smooth or OP reflector?

thanks
-T777

Gryffin

Enlightened
Hi! I have been thinking of getting the jetbeam rrt 0 light for sometime now. I was wondering about the control ring. How reliable are lights with control rings in general? Will they be able to withstand impacts?

The control ring rides on the outside of the battery tube; magnets in the ring are sensed by the control board inside. It doesn't contact any sort of switch, and there's no opening through the battery tube. So mechanically, the ring is actually very simple and sturdy; outside of trying to disassemble it, it's hard to think of a way for it to fail.

Also, does it put out anywhere near the stated 240 lumens?

Just got mine yesterday (Thanks, BugOutGearUSA!), and as soon as it got dark I did some tests vs. my other lights. The closest in form factor is my Quark AA on 14500, which *was* my brighest and best thrower in that size (rated at 206 lumens out the front), but those honors now belong to the RRT-0.

What surprised me is that the RRT-0 also hung in pretty well with my Olight M20 R2, which is rated for 250 lumens OTF; the RRT throws nearly as well, but the M20 has a distinctly brighter spillbeam. Given my brief informal tests out back, and even less formal ceiling bounce tests, I'd say the RRT is cranking out maybe 210 lumens out the front. Not too shabby for a single-cell light.

For EDC lights, I'm finding that flood is generally more useful than throw; I fashioned a cheap, removeable diffuser out of a water bottle cap for my Akoray K-106, and it's become my go-to around-the-house light. While I love the build quality and output and UI of my RRT-0, I really need to come up with a similar diffuser solution for it to become my "do everything" EDC light.

Last edited:

T777

Newly Enlightened
Thank you guys.

another question, did they fix the preflash problems?

curiousone1

Newly Enlightened
No preflash on mine........got it yesterday and have been using it any chance I get........have not been able to get it to preflash. The issue seems to have been fixed on the R2 version.

TRK

Newly Enlightened
I have no preflash on my RRT-0 and it's from the first batch!! At least no preflash that I can detect with my eyes. It's a great little light!

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
had mine less than a week and no preflash either.
control ring works great, cant say how rugged it is, even thought the torch hasnt left my side since i got it, i still baby it:D
tail stands without a problem.

runtime for me was better than expected. i use it on turbo alot, but can easily conserve energy but turning the selector ring at my fingertips.

+1 on the rrt-0 almost being on par in terms of throw and output to the M20. i was pleasantly surprised when comparing the two in my backyard.