Anyone have a prefered light setup for Bob Stroller?

tomas21

Newly Enlightened
I'm trying to come up with a setup for our Bob Stroller that would allow us to see what is ahead a night along with providing awareness to cars etc.

I'm seen various Headlight / Taillight sets, valve stem lights, reflective tape, etc but wanted some input.

thrd_400000002288.jpg

Campdavid

Newly Enlightened
Two-fish lock blocks are great for attaching lights to handlebars (or sidebars). I have used them on my bike and our Bob strollers with various lights (6P, U2, RiverRock, etc).

As for an attention getting light, try the Inova 24/7. It has several modes including a couple of very attention getting flashers. Also the 24/7 includes many mounting options: clip, neck laynard, headband, magnetic and screw-on brackets.

Be seen and be safe!

Magic Matt

Enlightened
Thinking back a few years, I spray-painted the wheels of a buggy for somebody in flourescent yellow (the hubs not the tyres) and put reflective tape on the side-bars. They were just using a standard bike light attached to one of the handles. They seemed happy enough with that solution and it was very visible. It was cheap and low-tech but it solved the problem; sometimes the simplest solutions are the best.

tomas21

Newly Enlightened
Looks like I'll be getting the twofish lockblocks for my TK20. Just need to find a decent rear red led. Any recommended retailers for all of these products lockblocks & rear red leds?

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
the rear red leds should be on the person pushing the stroller right? cos you'd be blocking the stroller as its being pushed in front of you so you would be the one who wears the red rear blinker on your rear waistband.

I would think its only if you step away from the stroller that a rear red blinker mounted on the stroller itself would come into play. Any of those that fit on MTBs would do fine they really are very visible, alternatively you could just mount any flashlight with a sloooow strobe or blink function (think jetbeam IBS UI) using a twofish lockblock and point it to the rear.

4sevens sells 'em in packs of 3 with a discount too

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
I usually just hang my Surefire M6 from a lanyard on the back of the stroller. The lock block idea seems like a better alternative. Whats the biggest diameter flashlights that could be mounted in one of those things?

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually just hang my Surefire M6 from a lanyard on the back of the stroller. The lock block idea seems like a better alternative. Whats the biggest diameter flashlights that could be mounted in one of those things?

a M6?! :eek: perhaps the drivers think it is a motocycle headlamp! :p

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
the rear red leds should be on the person pushing the stroller right? cos you'd be blocking the stroller as its being pushed in front of you so you would be the one who wears the red rear blinker

Red Glo-toob comes to mind as something red that you could have strobing around your neck.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix bike holder would be better than the LockBlocks. Problem with them is that you can't adjust the angle. Put a light in one on the side rails of the stroller and the light will point to the sky or to the ground depending on if you get the 90 or 180 degree version. The Fenix one is adjustable so you could put it on the side rails and then adjust the angle so it shines on the path ahead.