? for Fenix experts. Where can I get a P2D Q5 head and a new L0D w/ low,med,high... ?

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
I have the body and tailcap for a P2D. The head went out and I don't know what else to do other than get a new head for it, preferably in a Q5. I've looked around and can't find them. Where can I get a P2D head in Q5?

Also, where can I get a new, complete L0D (old school type) with the low/med/high and not the new med/low/high... what's the highest level LED that was put in these? Like a R2 or Q5?

Thanks,
RC

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several LOD's including a Luxeon version and none of them are L/M/H, they are all M/L/H sequence. Maybe someone else can pipe in here, was the LOP the light you are thinking of? I think a Cree q4 was the highest "bin" in an LOD. As far as the P2D don't know about a new head, B/S/T has them occasionally, other than that I have no suggestion.

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Also, where can I get a new, complete L0D (old school type) with the low/med/high and not the new med/low/high...
Was there ever a L0D with l/m/h in that order? Only recently (end of 08) have I been paying attention to Fx, so if so, probably before this??? :confused:
(The reason I am asking is that I would LOVE that mode order, but unfortunately the 'market research' supposedly indicated that most people want medium first. :confused::confused:)
Edit: MarNav1 beat me by one minute... ;-)

Last edited:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just checked my LOP-SE modded with SSC, same sequence M/L/H. I like the LOD but I think you can get a very similar light with the newest emitter from Matt at Battery Station, check his site there are so many models now I can't keep track of them all.

Last edited:
FliGuy...It's my understanding that the P2D Q5 head is no longer available as a replacement part. You might have a better chance of identifying a willing seller in the MarketPlace forum. Good hunting...

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
Hmm... maybe my memory is foggy about the L0D modes. Maybe it is that I WISH it was L/M/H, lol. Sorry about that.

That really sucks about the P2D head... what am to do then (other than the marketplace). Rhetorical question...

Thanks guys... any suggestions on a light like the L0D (AAA with a bright-@$$) emitter with L/M/H output levels and possibly a REALLY LOW LOW?

Thanks,
RC

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
47s Preon in 1AAA mode.
1.8/8.5/70 lumens.
Some colours are out of stock at 4SEVENS.com. Don't forget your discount code.

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
ninja,

I've heard the Preon turns on easily in one's pocket. Also, I'll be using it for a key chain light if that helps for any guidance. I would really like a Fenix-type interface. Is there a AAA Quark R5 (I know this is the Preon, but is there a "normal" version?)?

spoonrobot

Enlightened
I've heard the Preon turns on easily in one's pocket.

The proud switch button makes this more likely than a lot of other lights that have a switch button that is level with the tailcap. I've taken to locking mine out when in the pocket, this is done by unscrewing the head as the tailcap threads are not anodized and do not allow locking out at that end.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Preon can be set up as a clicky or a twisty.
With the clicky tail your clothing can press against the button and turn it on.
With the twisty an extra quarter turn or 2 guarantee lockout.
Don't see a keychain lug though. Sigh.

Everybody seem to be carrying just bodies for accessories. You may be stuck with buying a new PD20. Or equivalent. There are sooo many 1 CR123A clicky lights out now.

According to the Fenix Lego compatibility chart The P2D head is compatible with L1D/L2D, L1T/L2T v2.0 (NOT the older Luxeon versions), LD10/LD20 heads. See if anybody is selling them in CPFMP, just toss the AA bodies.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/211145

Last edited: