Lumapower D-Mini VX - Holster?

kdaq

Newly Enlightened
This is a great little light. The second I saw the ultra version, I had to try it out for EDC. But how to carry it?

I tried a few holsters, and was surprised to fall in love with a tiny Fenix L1 holster (available piecemeal at Lighthound). The D-mini VX was a bit of a tight fit at first, but the holster quickly stretched out and adjusted nicely. This option only works for bezel-up carry, but quick-draw is a snap. Comes out easily without any snags - just takes a little practice to put it back in one-handed.

Here's a shot I took in a mirror (hence the weird rainbow streak at the bottom). For size reference, that's a Palm Pre next to the D-mini VX Ultra in a Fenix L1 holster.

dminivxultra_l1holster.jpg

Before that I used a Fenix TK11 holster, which was OK - this works in 18650 mode. I also tried a Maxpedition 4" Tube Sheath, but this was even larger (and tougher) than the TK11 holster.

What works for you?

jcalvert

Enlightened
My sheath of choice is the Nite-Ize Stretch Lite holster because it accommodates a variety of size lights from a AAA Maglite to my Tiablo A10-G thrower and larger, and the holster rotates 360 degrees while clipped on my belt. With that feature, I can turn my light forward to illuminate the way handsfree from waist high. I holster all my lights with the Nite-Ize which I pick up at local Lowes store for $8.99. Here's what looks like, http://www.niteize.com/collections/flashlights/products/lite-holster-stretch.

Nite-Ize makes a bunch of innovative products including the S-Biner of which I have too many of the metal versions to count in all sizes, and they are usefull all over the place.

John

kdaq

Newly Enlightened
Nice, looks versatile. Will have to keep my eyes peeled next time I hit REI or other such stores.