Quark 123^2 tac R5: Moonlight/low = same output?

Warp

Enlightened
I received my Quark 123^2 Tactical R5 a few days ago and have been playing with it a good bit since.

However, moonlight and low appear identical to me. I have tired numerous times to program the moonlight and have gone into and out of programming mode many times the past few days. Every time moonlight and low look absolutely 100% identical to me. I just did it again and left my secondary programmed to "moonlight"....as in the first constant output setting that follows beacon in the cycle.

But it is low. It is not 0.2 lumens, it is exactly the same as low. And there are four more levels of constant output above it. Not only is the output identical, IMO, as low, but it is kind of bright. Okay, not dim. For reference it is roughly equal to my Fenix E01 with energizer lithium as well as my Fenix P3D on low. In fact, if anything it is brighter than either of those references.

What gives?

I have been using the same pair of Surefire batteries which were unused prior to being put into this light.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have a quark 123-2 tac r5 and low and moonlight are noticebly different. i would suggest contacting 4sevens, hopefully they can correct the problem.