Glowing meat

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a refrence to glowing meat in the neverending story and it reminded me of a news clipping I had heard a week ago. Something about a genitically engineered fish that had the glowing properties of some bio-illuminescent jellyfish. They've actually got these things for sale in some japanese fishmarket.

Would any of you eat one? More importantly, would any of you volunteer to be genitically altered so you'd glow? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If anyone can find the article on-line, could ya post it...

-Jason

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
You could probably make your pee glow without having to shine a purple LED at it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
Some meat has been known to glow a bit as it ages. With the lighting in refrigerators, it goes unnoticed usually. The glow is actually coming from a bacteria that is feeding on the meat, rather than the meat itself.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
wow...now i feel guilty for saying that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

hmmm...i'd volunteer!

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roth,

You would volunteer to be turned into glow-boy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wilkey

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Snakebite--thanks for that article. If I ever blow out my fridge light, I'll just have to innoculate it with some P. phosphoreum bacteria.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Jason

DrAg0n

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
of course!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

which means that u wouldnt be able to play hide and seek in the dark anymore!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dill pickles glow if you put 120VAC through them.
Sounds like something for the LED Museum to investigate.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't want my whole body to glow. I think the title of this thread might indicate the specific appendage that would most benefit from night-seeking ability. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wilkey

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Light dark light dark light dark light dark...light dark light dark!

...time for a cigarette /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ginseng--HA! I said almost the exact same thing the first time I saw one of those glow-in-the-dark condoms. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

-Jason