For those who gave lights for Christmas... any feedback yet?

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, so enough time has passed since Christmas. For those of you who gave lights as gifts, what's the report on the success (or not) of the gift? Any good stories of appreciation? Or has there been no response at all?

:popcorn:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
My father-in-law loves the 2D Rebel Mag we gave him and my wife loves the purple iTP A3 EOS Upgrade light.

I really like the blue iTP A3 EOS Upgrade and iTP A2 EOS I bought for myself :whistle:

Fulgeo

Enlightened
I fashioned 9 SSC P7 builds for Christmas gifts. 7 of them were 3D Mag hosts and 2 were 3C Mag hosts. I also gave them AccuEvolution LSD rechargeable batteries and MAHA chargers. It went over really well. The real proof would be if anyone want's SST-50 for next Christmas. :naughty:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gave away..

6 Eagletac P100A2s,
1 Dereelight C2H + rechargeable set
1 iTP A3
various off brand (but decent quality) XR-E lights AAA, AA

The Eagletacs seem to be received well... people like em allot for their simplicity.
The Dereelight is EDC'd :naughty:
The A3 got keychain duty,
and the other lights got some nice use, too.

:broke:

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
My father carries his ICON 1xAA everywhere. He told me he uses it instead of turning on the lights when he gets up in the middle of the night. I also gave him a Duraloop battery.

He was using rechargeables before me. I just know more about them because of you guys.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
My brother and mother use their EZAAw's around the house + walking the dogs, not sure about my sister though. My father uses his Quark Turbo AA then the need arises (its really dark in hawaii, compared to Orange County.)

-Mayo

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent my brother one of my Fenix L2D Q5 flashlights before Christmas

He had a cheapo 2AA light that he ran with and said it was not bright enough. He received the Fenix L2D and was floored by how much light it produced. He sent the entire family a picture of the beam shot comparison between the L2D and the cheapo, it was not even close.

I feel better knowing that he will run and ride the tandem bike with his son and have a light bright enough to get him home.

abladeafficionado

Newly Enlightened
I fashioned 9 SSC P7 builds for Christmas gifts. 7 of them were 3D Mag hosts and 2 were 3C Mag hosts. I also gave them AccuEvolution LSD rechargeable batteries and MAHA chargers. It went over really well. The real proof would be if anyone want's SST-50 for next Christmas. :naughty:

Any way I can get on that Christmas list next year? :D I've already looked into building my own multiple times, I bookmarked a tutorial around here somewhere on how to do it. It's just a matter of time and buying te stuff to do it.
I got a Quark 2AA R2 Tac and as my first "pocket torch" that SLAUGHTERS the old 3D M@g I had, I love it.

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
5 x Fenix E01s
2 x Quark MINI123
1 x KingPower K1 Cool head (IMO) but so so body
1 x Fenix P3D
1 x Jetbeam Jet-1 Pro IBS
2 x ITP A3
1 x Jetbeam M1X
1 x cheap low power made in china (aren't they all??) no brand (for my 5 year old)

Comments included:
- "oh my god, that almost took my eye out" (ironically came was a comment about the Fenix E01)
- "Wow, this is actually small enough to put in my handbag" (wife's stocking stuffer...not the smallest, but not the M1X ;))....the Jet 1 pro IBS.
- "Would you believe that I was just looking at a way to modify (circa 2006) Jetbeam Mk 2 to jet more power. This is perfect." (the most grateful recipient)
- "Ummm a flashlight?" Who would have thunk that the only 2 teens getting flashlights from me were the the least enthusiastic - I thought all boys liked flashlights.:confused:
- "Holy....hehe....giggle" (no wait I think that was my reaction) when my friend pulled out the M1X to test. "It's friggin lighting up the street signs" (250-300 yards away), we later joked about the neighboring apartment dwellers calling the cops on him. I think I actually saw a neighbour counting up to try to determine what floor he lived on.
- "What is this cute little baby...toy....light? (sarcasm) Holy Crud!......this puts my old school 3D Maglight to shame. What am I to do with that (maglie) now?....can I mount this on my gun? I can't club the intruders (like he has ever had one) but I sure can blind them." (MINI123 with 189 lumens)

My previous purchases were 2 old school Jetbeam Jet-1 Mk II with a Luxeon III (in 2006). 1 for myself, 1 for the friend that was looking to mod his Jetbeam) I am over-due for an upgrade myself.
I must have been a little too generous on my christmas discressionary funds cause I realized that my paypal account was too depleted to get myself a light :ohgeez:

Last edited:

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a friend a 3D Rebel Mag and 2 2AA Rebel Mags, and another a 2AA Rebel Mag. They're both very happy. :twothumbs

brianch

Enlightened
Gave away some iTP A3's A1's and a few UF SS Q5 AA lights. Everyone is amazed at how small the A1 and A3 is and how bright it is compared to those 5mm led flashlights.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Let's see:

I gave my dad a Romisen flood to throw light, neutral tint, and with extension for 2AA; I don't know how much he uses or needs it, but he has fun with it and carries it a lot.

I don't believe she carries it, but my mom keeps her UF SS Q5 on her night table in case of an emergency; she appreciates practical gifts like this.

I haven't heard anything much from my Grandpa about the Minimag I gave him with a high CRI P4 and a Madmax, but he is a man of few words and my chatty Grandma told me he is fond of it and uses it.

My sis hasn't said anything about her Trustfire SS AAA light, but the mere fact that she liked the appearance when she received it was a victory!

Finally, the best one... I gave my GF a Blue (her favourite colour) MiniMag that I modded with an OFC heatsink and a Madmax Plus driving a U2-bin P4. She loves it! I've heard from her many times about her using it and how nice it is. :twothumbs I'd call this a resounding success; now I just need to find a nice and small light to make sure she always carries one...

Good thread, thanks for starting this. It's nice to read the positive reports! :)

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast

I need to get on your Christmas list!

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have my brother the Stanley HID spotlight and he really likes it a lot. Of all his spotlights, it's the easiest one to live with in terms of ease of use.

timbo114

Enlightened
I gave myself a Dereelight C2H XP-G R5 (OP) - just got it today.

WOW! what a beautiful beam in a tiny torch! :twothumbs

I also gave my mom's retired man friend a Brinkmann Pro-Max LED 2D 3 Watt.
He's 82 and very energetic - was very surprised how much this new light kills his trusty 2aa M@g.
He went outside on Christmas Eve, to shine it across the neighborhood yards. :devil:

tolkaze

Enlightened
After seeing my wife's reaction to the E01 (ugh, a flashlight... but then using it nearly all the time), I bought 3 more as gifts to people, all responses were positive on the day, but haven't heard anything else from anybody. I did chuck in a red and a white DX keychain light (fauxton?) with every present I gave out this year... think I went through nearly 30 of each. They got a bit of a giggle, and after one party I found about 7 of them hanging off wine glasses... so don't know if they were a hit or not.

I need to start giving out the high powered stuff I think