Blackdiamond Spot?

Old Farmer

Newly Enlightened
From reading the reviews on amazon, this sounds like a good light. Has anyone owned one? Did you like it?

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have one and got it around the first month they came out. Mine has the Luxeon I l.e.d.. The newer ones have Cree XR-Es and better 5 mm l.e.d.s as well. I was disappointed as soon as I got mine. First, waterproofness. There isn't any. While the packaging says it's "stormproof", the literature inside the packaging says it will still function being lightly sprayed from all angles for only 5 minutes. That's a pretty short storm. This light has no O-rings or rubber gaskets to make it waterproof. Second, build quality. It stinks. The thin plastic bubble lens cracked (and part of it broke off) while in a small outside pocket of a daypack with nothing else near it. The whole casing has developed stress cracks all over it from light use. This thing hasn't even come close to being abused. If anything, I babied it. Third, the only advantage this had over the competition was that it was lighter in weight than the lights in it's class. This advantage is immediately lost when you realize it can't use lithium batteries. Lights like the Princeton Tec EOS and Quad and the Fenix HL20 headlights can use lithiums making them as light with none of the drawbacks. I recommend that you avoid this headlight and get a Fenix HL20 now, or if you can wait a few weeks, get a Princeton Tec EOS as soon as the new 70 lumen version is available.

yowzer

Enlightened
The Cree part's nice and bright with good throw. The 5mm LEDs, on the other hand, are like the other headlamps in that series (Cosmo, Spot, Icon), and 5mms in general... way too blue for most people's tastes. There are better 3AAA direct drive headlamps.

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
I like mine. It has worked well for the last year and a half. But I the EOS would be better from what I have heard.