problem w/NEW Fenix E01

timbo114

Enlightened
brand new light
Duracell AAA installed on Friday - light attached to keyring.

Grabbed keys today - twisted head to on position - light flickered on for 2 seconds - then nothing.

Tried newly charged Eneloop, then a Duraloop cell - no light - what gives?

:mad:

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Re: NEW Fenix E01

Hopefully a thorough cleaning of all contacts will fix this problem. Be sure to get the end of the battery tube where it makes contact with the inside of the head.

Geoff

timbo114

Enlightened

Did that - nothing.

I thought maybe parasitic drain of the Duracell - so I grabbed an Eneloop cell - no light - then a Duraloop cell - no light.

I grabbed my DMM to test the circuit - no continuity when trying to complete the circuit at the head!

I get my beep with both leads on POS - I get my beep with both leads on NEG.
I get no beep with 1 lead on NEG and 1 lead on POS.

I removed the light, in brand new condition, from the box on Thursday evening ... on the keyring Friday - worked each time I tried it on Fri & Sat.

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bummer. Did you get it from 4sevens? I'm sure the dealer will take care of the problem and get you a new light. I've bought 7 E01's so far, all have been fine.

sabre7

Enlightened

Return for a refund or exchange. Also, the title of your thread is kind of misleading- it implies there is a NEW E01 out, "Problem with E01" would be more accurate. :thumbsup:

ragweed

Enlightened

If cleaning the threads & contacts dosn't work I would send it back for exchange. I love both my Fenix E01's I got from 4Sevens..no problems at all. Could be you got a bad one.

paulr

Flashaholic

Try cleaning the contacts as others have suggested. I don't think the E01 uses the threads in the electrical path. It does use the top edge of the battery tube, so make sure to clean that. You should not expect to measure any continuity with a DMM. It's a nonlinear circuit that may present very high impedance to the DMM.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast

brand new light
Duracell AAA installed on Friday - light attached to keyring.

Grabbed keys today - twisted head to on position - light flickered on for 2 seconds - then nothing.

Tried newly charged Eneloop, then a Duraloop cell - no light - what gives?

:mad:

As it is brand new just send it back for an exchange or refund no need to fiddle trying to fix it,it seems faulty end of story.

Warp

Enlightened

Return for a refund or exchange. Also, the title of your thread is kind of misleading- it implies there is a NEW E01 out, "Problem with E01" would be more accurate. :thumbsup:

I thought the exact same thing

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast

The light is usuually built like a tank. 4 Sevens WILL make it right.

timbo114

Enlightened
Zane Gentry (Fenix Outfitters) replaced my faulty E01 with a Fenix LD01 R2!

I just got it yesterday. He supplied a battery and left a note ..

Enjoy, thanks for your patience with us. I just hope you will be comfortable to buy from us in the future.

Sincerely,

Zane Cameron Gentry
Sales Manager
Fenix Outfitters
918-259-0099

Thank you Zane!