The best allround flashlight for 100USD

cdonc

Newly Enlightened
Hello

I have tried to search and read alot about the different LED flashlights in my pricerange. But is always some cons with lights I'm looking at it seems.
I have looked at the Solarforce Masterpiece and some Malkoff's. But I'm not quite shure what to get, my usage is a bit allround.

The price should be around 100USD, could be a little bit less or more.

Would be great to have a light that I could upgrade the LED in the future.

jefierro

Newly Enlightened
Welcome :wave:

If it's your first light then all will be awesome, when you get more and more lights you'll tend to look for a specific type for a specific purpose.
For a good all around light in that price range the jetbeam RRT-0 with the OP (orange peel) reflector, it's a thrower but with the OP reflector gives a very usefully light for Every day task. It's a small light and very well made If you plan to carry it every day (EDC). if you don't need it as an EDC then you can get a bigger one, like the JetBeam RRT-2 larger reflector and better run times.
This are two of the hundreds of lights you can purchase that can be useful please bare that in mind, use the search button, there has been loads of recommendations in previous posts. But if you are only looking for a cool light then the 4 sevens' titanium quark mini :grin2:.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
If you want a light that you can easily upgrade in the future the clear choice is the Surefire 6P Classic. It is a tried and true design that has been around for DECADES and is truly the standard in high-powered flashlights, if there is any standard at all.

Malkoff, Leef, TnC, Nailbender, LumensFactory, BatteryJunction, Bug Out Gear, Optics HQ, Lighthound, and billions of cheap Chinese exporters make 6P compatible accessories, drop-ins, and adaptors, that make the 6P the one light that *any* flashaholic should have in his collection.

Right now IMHO the drop-in of choice is the Malkoff M60. Not only is the product excellent, Malkoff himself is a real gentleman and a joy to do business with.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
A basic SureFire 6P ou 9P (countless ways to upgrade them later). Or if you search around, you might find an E1L, E2L or an E1B for less than 100USD (CPF Marketplace or eBay).

Cheers.

stallion2

Enlightened
whatever you choose you're best bet would be some sort of P60. as you can see the 6P is pretty popular but just about any aluminum host will work as well as the next. might be better to go w/ an inexpensive host and spend the extra $ on a couple different lamps. IMOH at least one of your lamps should be an XP-G. the CL1H mentioned earlier would be a great option...lots of ways to upgrade it. you can get a DBS head for it in the future which would further increase the number of possibilities for your light.

if you plan on using 18650's, be aware that they won't fit in a 6P right off the shelf. they are bored to accept CR123's and nothing bigger but you can always send it off to be bored a little larger. some vendors on here also sell unused 6P bodies already modded to accept the 18650.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi and :welcome:

your post should be re-named "best allround flashlight for me for 100USD" then you should head to the flashlight recommendation checklist, fill in the answers, cut and paste it in either a fresh post or edit post #1.

People's requirements will differ widely, some want throw, others want flood, some need really low low modes, others just want the biggest, baddest brightest sun in your hand light. The options out there are very wide.

But that being said, a Surefire 6P host (better yet if it is bored out to accept 18650 cells or you could just get a Solarforce L2 host which can accept Cr123s and 18650s) gives a whole range of customisability.

pseudoblue

Newly Enlightened
Best all around flashlight for me < 100...Hrm, I will pick the 4Sevens Quark Turbo 123^2. EDC-able, not too small or too big, feels good in hand. Nicely spread out modes from moonlight 0.2L to max 230L. Balanced flood and throw, very smooth beam. Good efficiency and reliable. :thumbsup:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best all around flashlight for me < 100...Hrm, I will pick the 4Sevens Quark Turbo 123^2.

Can't go wrong with the old trusty 6P. There are many possibilities to customize and upgrade your light.

My favorite versatile light is the Dereelight CL1H.

For a good all around light in that price range the jetbeam RRT-0 with the OP (orange peel) reflector, it's a thrower but with the OP reflector gives a very usefully light for Every day task. It's a small light and very well made If you plan to carry it every day (EDC). if you don't need it as an EDC then you can get a bigger one, like the JetBeam RRT-2 larger reflector and better run times.
This are two of the hundreds of lights you can purchase that can be useful please bare that in mind, use the search button, there has been loads of recommendations in previous posts. But if you are only looking for a cool light then the 4 sevens' titanium quark mini :grin2:.

to cdonc: see what i mean about different strokes for different folks? mine was going to be the Jet III Pro ST BVC, 3 mode programmable UI, slim tube design with no difference in external diameter all the way throughout the design of the form factor.

what matters is we need to understand what your needs are :D

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
I'll go with the 6P also. Pick your choice of Nailbender drop ins and make it whatever you want.

Thrower? XR-E
Floody? SST/MC-E
All-around? XP-G/XP-E

Hell, you can have one for every day of the week!!@#!#@#$@#

Warm tint, High CRI, Cool, Low power, High power. The list goes on.
And you can't beat the quality, or the warranty.