Zebralight love

yowzer

Enlightened
If there was a Nobel Prize for innovations in portable lighting, ZL would be a laureate. Just saying.

I tried carrying my old H50 w/ clip in a jacket pocket a few weeks ago, and it took a whole day to become a regular thing. I keep finding new uses for a portable table lamp that can sit or be attached most anywhere. Everywhere, if I do the magnet thing... I'm up to having a minimum of 3 lights on my body pretty much whenever I'm dressed. lovecpf

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my H501W. The best headlamp I have ever owned, hands down. The floody beam is absolutely perfect for 98% of the tasks you would need a headlamp for. I also glued magnets on the tailcap on mine which makes even that much more versatile. Much love for the Zebra ;)

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree! My H501w also is a truly beloved light! It's something magical about the Zebralights--they just come together so well: size, beam characteristics, and UI: pure joy!

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
My old H50 also sees lots of use about the house as a general utility light. So useful it is with clip and glare shield I've never actually used it as a headlamp. I'd definitely recommend gluing a disc magnet to the bottom. It really adds utility.

Geoff

Ksailork

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased and received a H501W. So far, it's love at first sight. It's comfortable as a headlamp, throws a useful beam, and is just plain handy. I especially appreciate Zebralight designing it to use primary lithiums (L91's) as seven months out of the year it is quite cold where I live.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
They are great lights, and IMHO the absolute best multi-function design I have encountered. They are the only lights I can think of that can be used 2-3 different ways without one hindering the other.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
.... I especially appreciate Zebralight designing it to use primary lithiums (L91's) as seven months out of the year it is quite cold where I live.
Welcome to CPF Ksailork.
If you want to, you can also use rechargeable NiMH cells as they also perform very well in cold weather. I don't know if you've read about the newer low-self-discharge NiMH cells such as Eneloops, but they are a great, easy to use, rechargeable. They stay charged until you need them and don't have "memory" so you can charge them anytime. I'll agree with yowzer that ZL would be a Nobel laureate in portable lighting, and I'll add a Nobel nomination for Eneloops as a rechargeable battery.

I love the Zebra H50 - as others have said, it is amazingly useful, comfortable and efficient.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralights are great. I have a H501w and a H501R Red. Now they have flashlights too. I guess they are good as well...
Just in case it would be of interest and someone have not read my thread with pictures it's Here.

Regards, Patric

flasherByNight

Enlightened
very nice comparison between the cool and warm versions :thumbsup:

I haven't heard much in awhile about the 501's so I've been assuming there haven't been any major issues with them other than some reporting water issues... (been holding out on buying one)

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
love my H501w. epoxied a couple of magnets on the buttom, and use it with its clip. no matter how many flashlights i have it will always be my second favorite. i use the energizer lithium primaries too, the zebra deserves it:grin2:
as of now i only use cr123 or AA lights, but if i were to buy 18650 batteries, the h60w will definitely be on the list.

Ksailork

Newly Enlightened
Thank you very kindly, LED Thrift

I use Eneloops in my digital camera which gets to spend its life indoors so I do not have any experience with colder conditions. A good number of my lights reside in my vehicles for emergency use and therefore their batteries are stored in the cold as well as called on to perform in the cold. At what temperature do the NiHM start to give up the ghost?

uplite

Enlightened
A good number of my lights reside in my vehicles for emergency use and therefore their batteries are stored in the cold as well as called on to perform in the cold. At what temperature do the NiHM start to give up the ghost?
Eneloop NiMH AAs are specified for storage down to -20° C (-4° F) and operation down to 0° C (32° F).

Energizer lithium AAs are spec'd for storage and operation down to -40° C (-40° F).

Shelf life is an even bigger issue for emergency lights. A low-discharge nimh cell will lose its charge in about a year. A lithium cell is good for 15 years.

-Jeff