SF 6P LED quick question

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inefficient? It aint a Malkoff but these P60Ls run forever...
As for tints, tint varies a lot (tint lottery), there is no way to avoid this.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inefficient? It aint a Malkoff but these P60Ls run forever...
As for tints, tint varies a lot (tint lottery), there is no way to avoid this.

When P60L first came out, there was no tint lottery, every single one of them was angry blue tinted.

And yes it's quite inefficient when compared to other lights, and that was two years ago before recent advance in LED efficiency.

No change, still underpowered.

James...

Thanks, that sucks to hear. Sold my last one soon after I bought it and was hoping it's improved by now.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bypass Surefire P60L's altogether and just stick with the Malkoff units.
The new upcoming M61 series should be a little ripper!!

James...:D

When P60L first came out, there was no tint lottery, every single one of them was angry blue tinted.

And yes it's quite inefficient when compared to other lights, and that was two years ago before recent advance in LED efficiency.

Thanks, that sucks to hear. Sold my last one soon after I bought it and was hoping it's improved by now.

carrot

Flashaholic
Surefire just introduced new 6P LED's, which have the module contained in the head, which means no more removable drop-in on the newer 6PL's. They should be brighter.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any more info on that? It's not on SF's website and a scan through SF2010 thread didn't show it either.

Rocketman

Enlightened
No change, still underpowered.

James...

What I'm seeing is, you have to buy a really high powered light that has a low and a mid power mode and use those lower brightness modes to get a long runtime.

To say it another way, Surefire isn't going to put high powered led's in a 80 lumen rated light so that we can then get a long runtime. I wish it could be an option when ordering the light, an option to choose the led.

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
My P60L I got a year ago was neither angry blue, nor low in output. I would put it in the class of the chinese P60 dropins of around that time. It was certainly not warm white, but it wasn't blue either.