Bumped into a fellow CPF'er the other night!!

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I guess it had to happen at some point. I was looking over the fenix lights last night at Frys, and there was a guy looking at the Stanley HID... I mean really looking at it. Studying the packaging, inspecting the HID lamp...etc... Deep down I knew he must really be into these things. I commented to him on how much I liked mine and we struck up a conversation and the topic of CPF came up. Funny thing was, he knew all the bay area regulars by user ID...MrGman, modamag, bigchelis, gswitter...etc... But I have never met or seen him at a bay area GTG before.

Anyhow, we shook hands and I felt good making a new CPF acquaintance. We both got a good laugh at my 7 Y/O son trying out all the Inova and Lenser lights hanging on the rack.

PS... if that member is you, please feel free to shoot me a PM:eek:

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is awesome! I hope to bump into a fellow CPF'er one of these days. It will be really cool if I bump into another EDC'ing a McGizmo with the Ti clip facing outwards on their pocket.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
LOL.... I did but I can't remember what it was. At that point in the conversation my son ran off to the toy isle, so I was a bit pre-occupied.

:ohgeez:

I don't think he bought the HID, after I explained how blue the 8000k color tint is.;)

T777

Newly Enlightened
A tiny bit off topic, but when did frys begin stocking fenix?

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Late last year. Most of the Fry's here in the Bay Area have been stocking the LD01, LD10+, LD20+ and PD30+. But, they're not always prominently displayed.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been waiting for years now to bump into a fellow CPF'er. It'll probably happen when I least expect it...

hk dave

Newly Enlightened
A tiny bit off topic, but when did frys begin stocking fenix?

?! Anyone know if it's all Fry's? Didn't see any Fenix lights on their website. How exciting! To be able to see something before you buy it.

Sorry about being off topic. :D

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
?! Anyone know if it's all Fry's? Didn't see any Fenix lights on their website. How exciting! To be able to see something before you buy it.

Sorry about being off topic. :D

What part of the country are you in. My post noted them at Fry's in Sacramento, CA. I never saw them on their web site either.

Bill

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone who came to buy something of mine off Craigslist turned out to be both on CPF and a major audio forum I'm a member of. Small world.

Radiophile

Enlightened
I bumped into Dizzy last spring at a gun law seminar. I went with a friend who was a member on another forum where Dizzy also belongs. We were standing around chatting when I asked about the flashlight he had clipped in his pocket. Mike showed me the Surefire and the cool mod that Milkyspit had made for it, but it was over my head because I didn't know anything at all about Surefires beyond the 6P. It was nice to meet and chat with a fellow flashaholic and all the nice folk I met that day.