Recommendations for adjustable wrist lanyards

vivid

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking online for some adjustable wrist lanyards. Searching brings up thousands of results for lanyards of all kinds, but I don't see any that are suitable. I'm not look for anything too special, just something I can thread through my EDC and can be tighten around my wrist so I can let go of the light continue my activity with out fear of the dropping the light or a non-adjustable lanyard slipping off my wrist.

Where do you guys get yours from?

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
I use a loop of accessory cord and a cord lock on some of mine. If I get really fancy, I'll use a piece of cord that has reflective threads in it.

The accessory cord I use comes from rock climbing suppliers, but lots of people here prefer "parachute" cord.

ragweed

Enlightened
Paracord with a cord lock is what I use as well. Lighthound has a bunch of em for sale if you don't want to make your own.

jankj

Enlightened
I don't use a lanyard often, but when I do, the 47's quark lanyard will do the job for me. I like the versatility of the two cord locks (neck, wrist, wherever-you-want carry options), plus the clip is good: Easy to clip on, stays on like it is supposed to, and it's easy to remove when you're done.

TBrogden

Newly Enlightened
For an inexpensive solution, I have had good luck with lanyards for the Nintendo Wii controller.

They are available on ebay from a number of sellers and I have been well satisfied with each I've tried.

Last time I purchased, I got 20 for just a few dollars and shipping was included.

This is not a replacement for a heavy paracord lanyard but works well nonetheless.

Regards,

Tony

vivid

Newly Enlightened
Is there a tutorial on how to make a paracord lanyard anywhere? Or can someone explain how to get the cord to attach to the light (the hole is very small) and what kinds of knots to use to when making the para loop.

The Wii lanyards is a great idea.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
1/8" diameter elastic cord works very well. Available at most fabric stores. You can tie a small loop that fits securely around your wrist, yet easily slip the loop over your hand with minimal fuss since all you need to do is stretch the cord. No need for cord locks or other hardware.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
and no need for a break way feature....inder tension you will instictevely flexing your wrist....this will allow it easily to be slip away safely....