Light-only mode on my Streamlight TLR-2 is Light/Laser mode.....defective?

Polyshot

Newly Enlightened
I just received a new Streamlight TLR-2 from the mail and it didn't have white light-only mode working-instead it will have both LED/laser on when the toggle switch is on LIGHT mode :sick: .......

The other 2 modes(LED/Laser and Laser only) works as it supposed to be.......could that be a defective unit?

-Polyshot

Flucero28

Enlightened
That is pretty strange. Are the batteries you are using the appropriate size/voltage? (cr123 primary only, rcr will fry your unit trust me I know :crazy:) Also, can you try an activation switch from a working unit just to rule that particular part out as the faulty item? Worst case scenario, contact streamlight repair center and ship the item out to them. you will need to show a receipt or proof of purchase for warranty claim, and if you dont have one you can request that they send you an estimate for repair of the unit before they perform the repair. I have had to send my TLR-2 in after the laser module burned out, and streamlights customer service was spectacular. Hope this helps.

Polyshot

Newly Enlightened
That is pretty strange. Are the batteries you are using the appropriate size/voltage? (cr123 primary only, rcr will fry your unit trust me I know :crazy:) Also, can you try an activation switch from a working unit just to rule that particular part out as the faulty item? Worst case scenario, contact streamlight repair center and ship the item out to them. you will need to show a receipt or proof of purchase for warranty claim, and if you dont have one you can request that they send you an estimate for repair of the unit before they perform the repair. I have had to send my TLR-2 in after the laser module burned out, and streamlights customer service was spectacular. Hope this helps.

Yes, I used the 123s that the package came with(and they are made by Streamlight themselves :crazy:).......I have no other units to compare as it was brought online, but it was well packed(small corrugated cardboard box+Styrofoam peanuts surrounding the package) and the package itself didn't seems being opened previously.........

I already contacted Streamlight Customer Service and the retailer prior I post here....... maybe I should give them a bit more time :eek:.........

Polyshot

Newly Enlightened
Well you know what, maybe Steamlight have excellent customer service for the domestic customers, but perhaps not so for the international customers. Since I'm from up north they can't process electronic return labels for me, so they ask for my fax number(which was long been terminated since I rarely use it). When I replied them that I don't have a dedicated fax number 6 days ago, I heard nothing from them ever since :( :thumbsdow......

What so unusual for that I don't have fax number I wondered :shrug: :mad:........

Last edited:

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not right at all. I'd send it back to the retailer you bought it from. Hopefully you didn't buy it from a retailer that starts with a "B" and ends in an "h" because they are so cheap.....

Flucero28

Enlightened
These are the directions that I followed, and received excellent customer service.

http://streamlight.com/faq/Default.aspx

They even shipped it back to me with a fresh set of OEM batteries! Streamlight generally has out standing customer service, try this process and let us know how it goes! It kinda stinks to have to pay for shipping one way due to the fact that they cannot send you a shipping label, but its better then being stuck with a defective unit or going thru a third party (retailer it was purchased from). Also, as you can see (on the website) Streamlight does not require that you send the lights bezel, switch plate, or batteries to the repair center for any TLR light. This will help reduce shipping costs! :twothumbs

Last edited:

Polyshot

Newly Enlightened
These are the directions that I followed, and received excellent customer service.

http://streamlight.com/faq/Default.aspx

They even shipped it back to me with a fresh set of OEM batteries! Streamlight generally has out standing customer service, try this process and let us know how it goes! It kinda stinks to have to pay for shipping one way due to the fact that they cannot send you a shipping label, but its better then being stuck with a defective unit or going thru a third party (retailer it was purchased from). Also, as you can see (on the website) Streamlight does not require that you send the lights bezel, switch plate, or batteries to the repair center for any TLR light. This will help reduce shipping costs! :twothumbs

Yeah, but what I'm not happy about is that how their Customer Service handles my case........ they should have at least make some response-even if they told me that:"Sorry pal, but I afraid that you must ship the unit to us for repair at your own expense.", I'm fine with that, at least they offered a solution to makes things right, even if it does costs money.....
......but NOT by letting me alone with a defective unit and makes me feels alienated!

I guess I shall ships it back to the retailer and let them worry about it......

Polyshot

Newly Enlightened
Not right at all. I'd send it back to the retailer you bought it from. Hopefully you didn't buy it from a retailer that starts with a "B" and ends in an "h" because they are so cheap.....
You mean the one that Nutnfancy sworn by? Nope I didn't.