How many Lady flashaholics?

Bachac88

Newly Enlightened
Ok I gather there are alot of us guys on this site, but how many ladies are on here and what do you look for in a flashlight? Been trying to convert some of my Lady friends in this delectable madness!!!

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
:wave: Hi there! I'm a lady flashaholic.
At the moment, I look for anything that shines, but that's because I just started flashlight collecting.

Maybe you can inform your friends that flashlights are great for finding things at the bottom of their purse, just a thought.

They're also handy on the nightstand for when they may hear suspicious sounds. Many high lumen flashlights claim to "temporarily" disorient an attacker. I have since found out that flashlights cannot substitute for actual proper self-defense training, but I do find comfort in being able to light up any area of the house at night or when/if there were a power outage.

Lisa

Bachac88

Newly Enlightened
Hi Lisantica So glad you posted. You would think that most women would think the same as you, flashlights for self defense reasons and looking for something in the shadow of the corner or under the furniture but still the flashlight is not considered an illumination tool.

Which flashlights do you own? Let me get an idea on what a Lady would choose?

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a photo of my flashlights. I sold one out of that batch, but then I have a couple more coming. I did admit to being a flashaholic right?

4315560137_190e2dce7f_o.jpg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aaah i think your definitely a flashaholic:thumbsup:

Bachac88

Newly Enlightened
Fantastic!! Surefire's Fenix's some customs I recognize but can't recall the maker. Impressive collection. Hats off to you as above all else you have the M6. Not sure I'll ever get to own that one. Very impressive Lisantica. I want to take a closer look at your collection see if I can ID the ones I don't immediately recognize. I really have to post a pic of my collection. OF the high end types I have the SF 6P defender, Leatherman S3, SF E1B, and additionally the Magled 2AA. I also have a few Dorcy's. But gave a 45 lumen 3 AAA to my mom who is the only female flashaholic that I know. I kinda prefer small bright multi level lights that I can EDC without the fuss and explanation of what is sticking out of my pocket. I believe that the smaller lights get more engineering and being in I.T. and Electronics that is of great interest to me. I also prefer light over dark ANYTIME of the week :eek:

How about you how did you get into this? I see you only joined this month?

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about you how did you get into this? I see you only joined this month?

Here's the thing, I woke up on January 9th, 2010, thinking I would like to start a flashlight collection. As I was researching which light to get, a lot of the google searches led me here and that is the day I signed up for CandlePowerForums.

I started a thread immediately to get some pointers. It's here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/256620

Lisa

Cman219

Newly Enlightened
lol wow look at that, a lady flashaholic. I guess there's always an exception; I always thought this type of stuff was sort of a turn off for most woman, which is why i try to keep this little hobby of mine on the down low. Welcome to CPF! And i can't believe you've gotten so many lights in a months worth of time either, good job.

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm trying to convert my girlfriend into a flashaholic. At least she realizes how handy a good light is at times, something that a lot of girlfriends don't comprehend. I at least got the ball rolling with her when she took one of those coin cell LED keychain lights that I got free with one of my Battery Junction orders. She uses it constantly.

She's not the type that would really want a flashlight upgrade from that...yet. ;)

She does like to play with my lights though from time to time. That's especially true when we go for walks at night around the block. Dark streets are not her thing.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish my gf thought flashlights were cool =(

My wife doesn't think they're cool, but as I've collected different lights that have different uses (flood vs. throw etc.) she's learning to appreciate that they have good uses.

Bachac88

Newly Enlightened
Norm, Guy this is 2010. Might be an old thread but we met Lisantica with a really cool collection. A Lady with a Flashlight collection Man!! That's way
cool.

Locoboy she's on the edge just give her a slight nudge then you guys would be fighting over the same flashlight.:crackup: Can you just see it?

Lisantica so you woke up one morning in Jan 2010 and decided to collect and then bought this collection. I bow to you!

You guys I know how you feel. My wife don;t understand and doesn't know about 90% of them. Though she did try to take my Streamlight KeyMate. Somehow it fell apart on her, I put back together and kept it.

Any other ladies care to share their collections with us?

Bachac88

Newly Enlightened
Norm tone quick thing that thread has nothing to do with flashlights it's about the psychology of female flashaholics and how they are treated by the male community. This thread is about the meat of the matter and this forum - The psychology of women collectors and what they prefer.

But thank you my friend for pointing that link out to me. Stay cool!:cool:

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
So in about 20 days, you have bought 31 flashlights... :drool:
Are you a lottery winner or something? :poke::laughing:

I wish I had won the lottery! I had to sell off a couple of photography items which gave me some extra cash flow for January and I bought a bunch of items quickly so that I could get a feel for the variety of flashlights out there.

A member was just telling me about HID (I think it's called), and oh and I don't want to go down that slippery slope, at least not yet :devil:

Lisa

Bachac88

Newly Enlightened
Lisantica maybe you could coax some other ladies to show off their collections.... Lisa what's that little one up front and to the right? Also the small silver one in the center with the dimples?

I myself think that the HIDS are too cumbersome too many parts to go bad in my opinion. And that bulb is gonna blow at some point. Not high on my priority list right now. Lisantica lots of people on here are also into photography (are you on flickr). I myself am into amateur photography, oh yeah and knives....but I digress.