Bouncer needs New Flashlight

Rpat312

Newly Enlightened
Hey Everyone,

This is my first post but I've been lurking around your website for a couple of weeks trying to find a new flashlight for work. Its been kind of hard to accurately made a desicion on which light to go with because the criteria for the light is very tight. Ive been looking at the wf-008 recoil, Uniquefire HS-802 and some others. I ordered a Aurora Ssc-p7 *single 18650 from DX.com but, the beam had too much spill rendering it useless in the club.

The criteria:
Not to Bluky- Fit comfortably in jeans or slacks
Very Durable- Must hold up to multiple Drop and Brawls each weekend
Tactical Bezel- To aid in removal of drunks and combative _______s.
Modes- Doesn't matter, Strobe would be nice but not mandatory
****Extremely Bright and Focused beam- I need to be able to pin point peoples face anywhere from 5 ft to 100ft

So if you have suggestions on different flashlight that would suit my needs I would love to hear them. But if you have comments on the the flashlights i mentioned above i would also like to hear them aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Everyone,

The criteria:
Not to Bluky- Fit comfortably in jeans or slacks
Very Durable- Must hold up to multiple Drop and Brawls each weekend
Tactical Bezel- To aid in removal of drunks and combative _______s.
Modes- Doesn't matter, Strobe would be nice but not mandatory
****Extremely Bright and Focused beam- I need to be able to pin point peoples face anywhere from 5 ft to 100ft

If I were a bouncer I would carry a Fenix TK11 in my pocket. It's tough as nails, pretty darn compact, and very bright.

If that is too big, I'd consider a 4sevens Quark or the gorgeous new Zebralight SC30, but those do not have a tactical bezel.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire 6PD with a malkoff M60.
I gave this combo to a bouncer friend and he is very very happy with it. He actually wishes the defense bezel was slightly less agressive, so he tooled it down a bit.

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire 6PD with a malkoff M60.
I gave this combo to a bouncer friend and he is very very happy with it. He actually wishes the defense bezel was slightly less agressive, so he tooled it down a bit.

That's what I used when I worked as a doorman. Just about perfect. Lanyard placement is excellent as well. Definitely try out a Z33 lanyard with that type of work.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Forget about those DX lights. If your worried about your new light breaking after a few drops, the DX lights sometimes don't work out of the box!!

I would suggest a Nitecore SR3. 220+ lumens, compact, has nice strike bezel, focused beam and STROBE if you want it.

They were on sale 1/2 price at 4sevens not long ago taking it from $120 to $60! I forget the discount code (if it is still active).

Good luck,

James....:thumbsup:

carrot

Flashaholic
The Malkoff M60 LED in any compatible Surefire body, as someone else suggested, would be excellent. Another choice would be the Quark Turbo 123, which also has a very tight hotspot and includes strobe.

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only one that i could add to the great lights above is maybe the Jetbeam raptor-2 it has 3-modes, strobe and a strike benzel.

Alberta-Blue

Newly Enlightened
+1 on the Surefire E2DL. Great light.

The one I have is an older 120 Lumen model but still throws like stink, is compact, almost bullet proof, agressive strike bezel, Low mode, and even a scalloped tailcap... Not used too much anymore in favour of my duty lights but she has her place on my shelf. :thumbsup:

hammerface

Newly Enlightened
I would suggest a Nitecore SR3. 220+ lumens, compact, has nice strike bezel, focused beam and STROBE if you want it.

They were on sale 1/2 price at 4sevens not long ago taking it from $120 to $60! I forget the discount code (if it is still active).

Good luck,

James....:thumbsup:

I second that - hands down for someone working in a club this would be ideal - I just got an SR3 (the 50% code for 4sevens.com is NITECORE50 and last time I checked was still active) - I love it. It's easy to adjust it to whatever brightness you want (dim for checking ID's to bright to stun/blind someone or check things out in the parking lot. It feels super solid in the hand, and has a beautiful stainless steel strike bezel that just begs to get used. It's confidence inducing just having it in your hand. And for 1/2 price for $60, that's a helluva deal. Here's the link:

http://www.4sevens.com/product_info...=1623&osCsid=1c7823d17041c9e33bf1c7ff9ffde02a

let us know what you decide :twothumbs

I'm still tempted to order myself another one just to have as a backup... love this light :)

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
My advice would be to nix the strike bezel altogether. The first time that you use it you're opening yourself to personal liability. The establishment you work at will distance themselves away from you quicker than you can imagine!
EagleTac P20c2/T20C2 with the crenated bezel removed would be perfect. Low mode for checking ID, High mode and Strobe mode for signalling the rest of the crew or disorienting a rowdy patron.

Ray Tseng

Newly Enlightened
I think one more thing you should add to your requirements is that the button press doesn't control the modes which seems to be the thing to do these days.

From what I've seen from most flashlight usage in da club, Most of the time it seems you're just going to flash-on for a few seconds to check an ID or something, or manually strobe it on and off with your thumb to let people know to clear an aisle/pathway.

So I'd think you'll want to be sure the tactical operation(1hand) that doesn't control the UI (cycling through modes).

Maybe take a look at the quark tactical or fenix tactical series with a forward-press if you must have the latest what's new in LED flashlights. But at the same time, a regular surefire is good and simple too.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for the 6P Defender LED (with the Malkoff M60, even better)

The strike bezel is a bit less aggressive than the E2DL bezel.

Plus, you could get the 6P bored out to accept AW18650 Lithium-Ion rechargeable cells.

Rpat312

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. I looked at all the lights that you'll mentioned above and i think I'm going to go with the Nitecore r3. Its just to good of a deal to pass up at only 60 buck. Also what rechargeable batteries would you suggest with this light the 18650 or the CR123.

how2

Enlightened
Hi why don't you try the hugsby P2 cree Q5 1*aa/1*14500.

It's a pure thrower. 1 Mode, you don't need all those strobe mode etc.10.6cm by 2.7cm. only $15. You don't have that much to lose. And if you lose it you can buy another one for $15. If you buy a $60 light and lose it, you'll have to fork out another $60.

houtex

Enlightened
I've "bounced" for almost 14 years now I think. The light I found to be the most usefull is the Fenix TK10 or TK11. Very bright but also a quickly accessed low. The bezel is effective at motivating certain individuals with breaking the skin :devil:. When dropped,it holds up and I don't think will die on you. My 2 cents

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there and :welcome:

Jetbeam Jet III Military was what i thought of, 2 modes, with the head tightened its on max, loosen it to go into the 2nd mode which is fully customisable, so you could have it on max, then program the 2nd mode for fast strobe or low mode for bag checks etc, entirely your call. The light is pretty darn tough too.

You can also get a low profile crenulated bezel for the Jet III.

Don't forget to use CPFJET discount code when checking out.