What am I getting myself into?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikNYC

Newly Enlightened
I have always had a "thing" for flashlights. I remember as a little kid my granfather gave me a simple 2 C-cell metal body flashlight that had a slider switch AND a little button to flash it. I thought it was the one of the coolest "toys" I had. Like all my other toys as a kid that flashlight is now long gone but even after that I remeber collecting flashlights. One summer my best friend and I each had these huge 6 D-cell lights from Radio Shack. It was possibily the brightest thing on Earth (we were only 10 or so) and it was fun to shine the light out the building windows at the people on the sidewalk..hehe they never could figure out where that spot was coming from /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As I grew older I always had some sort of mini Maglight either in the car or hanging off my keys. I "thought" those were the best lights you could buy. A few weeks ago I bought a Brinkman LED light from Wall-mart and all my friends were like "oooo and ahhhh" at how bright it was and the compact size. Then one night I was browsing one of the other forums on the internet and somehow came accross a few links on flashlight "modding".

Well, I'm sure you can figure out the rest /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yesterday I ordered a ARC factory second LS and hopefully it will arrive by this weekend. I cant wait to see which one I get. I was all set to get a LSH-P but after reading up on the LS4 I figure a factory 2nd LS would keep me happy for a while.

One of the things that attracted me to ARC was the "community" surrounding this little product. Like my other hobbies (photography, cars...ect..) I find that when a product builds a cult following like this one, it's usually for a good reason.

Well, enough blabing for now.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Take your wallet and LOCK IT UP!

What have you gotten yourself into INDEED!

I have always liked flashlights. Then I found CPF and found out there were other things besides the almighty M*G.

I have close to 90 flashlights now. And two more on the way!

Some will say sell off what you don't use. PHOOEY! (most wouldn't bring much anyway!).

Save yourself! DON'T go towards the light!

Welcome to CPF!!!!

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice choice
as PJS said, lock your wallet or else it will get thin in no time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome to CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Uh, it's the point of no return. By posting, you agree to drain your wallet of all its cash... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Welcome!

Dan

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get an LSH-P! It is a wonderful light. You could always sell it for a cheap price to someone like me when the LS4 comes out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi ErikNYC...

Welcome aboard! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

You will not find a better or nicer forum than the CPF. It`s a polite and civilized meeting place, and is inhabited by some the friendliest and brightest people I`ve ever had the pleasure of meeting in cyber space. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

But, having said that, you will quickly learn (if you haven`t learned already) that you will now forever have to live with the curse of flashaholism. It`s an exciting life...yet always agonizing.

You`ll get to enjoy truly spectacular flashlights...with beautiful beams of bright light...that are state-of-the-art and which ARE the cutting edge of the industry. BUT, you will never be totally happy or satisfied, for there will always be another flashlight...or a new flashlight...THAT YOU JUST HAVE TO HAVE!

Yes...
Welcome aboard, ErikNYC...

But may God have mercy on your soul! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ErikNYC

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Carpe Diem said:
BUT, you will never be totally happy or satisfied, for there will always be another flashlight...or a new flashlight...THAT YOU JUST HAVE TO HAVE!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, it's kinda that way with almost anything one can buy. Buy a new car, there is always a model just above it. Buy a new camera and all of a sudden you NEED all the accessories to go with it. Buy a new computer and 6 months later something faster comes along. You cant win!!

Looking forward to it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think you'll find the arc LS is perfect for EDC! it has a very good balance of size, output, and runtime /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif if i had a chance to start all over again i'd just buy an arc LS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.