Help replacement streamlight stinger led bulb

porscheman170

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody,

I have a Streamlight Stinger LED (non C4) that is broken. I am getting voltage to the bulb but no light. I have researched several bulbs that seem like they would be perfect replacements however when the flashlight is in high there is 8.5V output from the driver. Most of the LEDs I was looking at have max Voltage ratings less than 4V. My question is, is the driver of my light broken and outputting too much voltage?

This is exactly what my LED looks like:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2171640&postcount=7

Thanks in advance for your help!

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally... if the LEDs being supplied with that level of voltage (on high) I'd say that's why the emitter has gone :poof:

Sounds like a QC issue, contact Streamlight and see if it's covered under warranty :thumbsup:

porscheman170

Newly Enlightened
Looks like it was because there was no load on the driver. I tried loading it with a 4 Ohm resistor which would draw 750ma and the voltage dropped down to 3.7

This thing is like 3 years old I don't think it is under warranty.

357mag1

Enlightened
Looks like it was because there was no load on the driver. I tried loading it with a 4 Ohm resistor which would draw 750ma and the voltage dropped down to 3.7

This thing is like 3 years old I don't think it is under warranty.

Made in USA (or at least they claim) with life time warranty. You should be good.