4444 members!

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
And I remember a while ago when we were waiting for 3000 members to come around... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Dan

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Seems like just yesterday we were still waiting for Member #1000 to show up. Guess I'd better flush the trophies and put away Photoshop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
It's a shame though that it isn't a real representation of how many actual members CPF has. For instance... we've had members re-register because they've forgotten their password, because they don't like their username now and can't change it, because they screwed up their username and/or email addres, because they've been banned and try to come back under a different username... 5 times!, and so on and so forth. It would be cool if we could do something special for the 5000th member but seeing as how (s)he wouldn't really be the 5000th member, it just wouldn't seem right... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

zmoz

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
It's a shame though that it isn't a real representation of how many actual members CPF has. For instance... we've had members re-register because they've forgotten their password, because they don't like their username now and can't change it, because they screwed up their username and/or email addres, because they've been banned and try to come back under a different username... 5 times!, and so on and so forth. It would be cool if we could do something special for the 5000th member but seeing as how (s)he wouldn't really be the 5000th member, it just wouldn't seem right... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't you clear out at least some of the accounts that haven't been used in a while?

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I won't delete any profiles. It's kinda neat for me to see an occasional post from someone who registered way back in 2000.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm getting 4451 members about a day later. 7 members joined in 26 hours. At that amazing rate, which doesn't happen much, CPF will have 6809 members in a year. I suppose that could happen, but it's probably more likely we'll have closer to 6,000 members in a year. Wow. That's a bodacious amount of flashaholics! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder what percentage will stick around and do a post every now and then. When I joined it was only because I wanted to buy a CPF special from a dealer. Then I asked a few questions, got a few answers, and was hooked.

Paul

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I lurked for several months before I joined. But I had been hooked on flashlights since I was about 5. The only thing that has changed is that I am hooked on better, more expensive flashlights now.

DavidH

Newly Enlightened
Wow!!!

I was a lurker starting around the 300's and finally joined as member 700. I was trying for 666, but I was gone for a weekend and missed it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif