Need a "battery holster"

victory

Enlightened
I'm looking for a piece of gear to fit on my duty belt. something small that can hold 2-4 cr123 cells securely with something like elastic bands and a flap to cover them. Mount on a 2.25" duty belt.

Does anyone make anything like this? Maxpedition makes a pouch that holds an 8 cell case, but that's more batteries than I need, more belt space than i want to take up and because you have to pull out a plastic case then open it, i can't see being able to access the batteries while holding a flashlight in one hand.

2dark

Newly Enlightened
Try googling 'PRO GEAR CR123 BATTERY HOLSTER'. They are fairly cheap, hard wearing, and hold 4 CR123. Sounds like just what you need. :thumbsup:

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
PS: Browse CountyComm at your own risk. A small order will generally turn to not so small once you factor in all the times you say "man, I didn't know I need that, but I need that!"

Also, the PCC can be opened single handedly, and the batteries can be fed out of the carrier with a push of the thumb. 2 hands are not necessary.

victory

Enlightened
thanks for all the suggestions.

gallonoffuel: I'm well aware, I own one of their bags and my medic bag has one of their rolls in it. They make solid gear at a good price. Unfortunately their battery holster seems to have the same drawback the maxpedition one does, it's a case inside a pouch. That means replacing batteries off the belt with the light in the other hand isn't gonna work. I'll probably get one of the other designs...the one i like the most that i've found is Original SOE, but despite the fact that their gear lasts 100 years, $25 is a lot to spend up front.

Last edited: