XPG Dome has come off, replace it?

The Magpie

Newly Enlightened
I just managed to knock the dome off one xp-g on a cutter quad board which I'm using with a Ledil GT4 optic.

Should I:

a) Put dome back on and hope the optic keeps it in place?
b) Attempt to use a tiny bit of glue on the edge of the dome to put it back on?
c) Leave it off as it won't make that much difference?
d) Something else?

Any thoughts appreciated.
Cheers,
Tom

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
I'd probably put the tiniest of tiny drops of superglue right in the middle of the dome, line it up, and push down HARD until the glue sets. The superglue layer will be thin enough to not affect the emitter's brightness.

herulach

Enlightened
Definately don't superglue it back on. If you're using an optic you might see a small reduction in brightness due to a different beam pattern, with a reflector you'll probably get slightly better throw, but not much else.

supasizefries

Enlightened
I lost a dome too in one of my p60's. As Herulach said, it throws better now without the dome.

KuKu427

Enlightened
I would say try it and see how it turns out. Might give you more throw with smaller reflectors.

The Magpie

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies. I can't use a reflector unfortunately as I've already got this optic:

gt4.jpg

But trying it it seems fine, it may be that I'm not getting much out of the domeless one under the optic but as it's a quad it's only a 1/4 of the total output anyway.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
glue it carefully (no idea which glue is right?), if you can see the glue in the beam under normal use id be VERY surprized.