• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *Withdrawn* McLuxIII Al PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
For sale is a slate aluminum PD. It has been modded by DZ to a Seoul USWOH with an McR20-S reflector and the high setting bumped up to 750mA. It has some minimal wear on the sharp edges of the flutes and a couple of tiny dents in the rear, which can be seem in the pics. No trit slot. It has the soft spring from "Rocket Tomato", original spring included. The bezel is SS by RPM, original bezel included.

I would like $300 $275 for it, PP or Postal MO. It will ship Priority Mail USPS with delivery confirmation. Not responsible for postal mishaps. 50 State shipping to start.

PD003.jpg

PD002.jpg

PD001.jpg

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
Re: McLuxIII Al PD

Wow, two of these up for sale in the same week. Nice bezel on this one; should keep it safe if it hits the ground by accident. I bet that 750mA driver is nice and bright; that's even more power than the Haiku uses on high-mode.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just did a quick test. With an AW it ran for 41 min. before the protection kicked in. Using an IR heat gun, the temp peaked at 110F at the head and 100F at the tail after 30 min. of running with no cooling, just sitting on a table.

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned

That's pretty good heat dissipation. I'm not a big fan of aluminum as a structural material, but I gotta admit it makes a great heatsink.

EEG

Newly Enlightened

Just did a quick test. With an AW it ran for 41 min. before the protection kicked in. Using an IR heat gun, the temp peaked at 110F at the head and 100F at the tail after 30 min. of running with no cooling, just sitting on a table.

How does it do with primary cell or does it need the extra power of the AW?

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast

How does it do with primary cell or does it need the extra power of the AW?

The output is the same with a primary. It has a buck/boost circuit. The primary will probably last 60 min.

Status
Not open for further replies.