Anybody makes single AAA lights with side click

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been using my Maratac AAA light hand-free with great success, but something with a side click switch would be a nice enhancement. I am looking for an AAA light that has a body similar to the Maglite AAA -- pen-like, even roundness all around -- and a side click switch.

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have a rear clicky 1AAA led light with 3x5mm LEDs in it and an optic 1AAA 1x5mm LED light with a rear clicky but I don't think you will find a decent clicky switch that will fit in a 1AAA tube these days in the middle. I have a 3AAA with a mid clicky that is pretty nice, even has an extension tube that holds another 3AAA set of batteries making it 7 inches long.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
A side clicky doesnt really make sense on such a small light since it is smaller than most peoples hands. The smallest lights I can think of with a side switch all have at least two batteries in them. Just get a tail switch and hold the light like a cigar, activate with thumb.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a designer type twin AAA cell square type light with a side push switch,ideal as it stands up but lumen wise pushing out probably 8 at the most.

Not really a light for the likes of this board but I use it often for night time reading setting my alarms etc.

Was really cheap at the time and I bought half a dozen or so and gave them away,wish now I could get hold of some more.Bought from Tchibo coffee online site and it came with a 3 year warranty,been good as gold and not a battery killer either.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1
it's the smallest side click light I can think of also, and a great AA light.

The Zebralight SC30 is MUCH smaller than the Proton Pro (it's only 2.6" long), with a side clicky to boot! In fact, it's even smaller (lengthwise) than most AAA lights that I'm aware of. I know we're talking CR123/RCR123 vice AAA or AA cell, but I don't think I've ever seen a smaller light with a side clicky than the SC30!

PJD

Last edited:

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
so-leks,

To me, the most natural position to hold a flashlight, gun, knife, etc. is holding it with the arm extended and pointing to the desired direction. Twisty lights and ones with side clicks make the most sense. Lights with side click switch like the new Zebralight SC30, unlike twisty lights, let users access any level of brightness with a minimal number of clicks. This instant access to any mode is the main reason I need a light with a side click switch. I have seen button-celled lights with a side click switch, so I don't think it will be difficult to use on an AAA light.

Flying Turtle,

The clip on the Proton Pro is fantastic. I wish LiteFlux and other companies would use this type of clip. Since I am waiting for a Zebralight AA light and not being a collector, I am not likely to buy the Proton Pro. I think it is a nice light though.

PJD,

I am sticking with AAA and AA lights for now. I am in a green phase with the rechargeable batteries at the moment.

Last edited:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
The clip on the Proton Pro is fantastic. I wish LiteFlux and other companies would use this type of clip. Since I am waiting for a Zebralight AA light and not being a collector, I am not likely to buy the Proton Pro. I think it is a nice light though....

I liked the Proton Pro's clip, too, though I added a segment of heat shrink tubing over it to make the clip more grippy.

The light's pocket clip and thin form factor makes it easier to pocket carry than the Fenix L1T and similar which are needlessly fat.

However, I could never become adjusted to the Proton Pro's ringy, yellow beam and didn't make use of the flash, SOS, and other features, so I gave the light away.

proton-pro-clip.jpg