Quark 123 with Ti clip... (deep carry/new pics)

foxtrot824

Enlightened
I just picked up an R2 123 Quark that I am just loving. My only complaint about the clips Quarks came with was that they carried too high so I added this Ti clip from the shoppe.

I was wondering if there would be any interest to have a clip created for these similar to the Ti clips for RA and HDS lights. I drilled and tapped 4-40 screws to mount this clip.

27x305x.jpg

Last edited:

jonesy

Enlightened
Re: Quark 123 with Ti clip...

That looks great! I think you just answered quite a few prayers here on CPF. :popcorn:

choaticwhisper

Enlightened

You might wanna add "Deep Carry" To your title.
But I think your gonna bombarded. Looks really nice.

foxtrot824

Enlightened

Glad to see there is a response to this idea. The question is who is going to put the bell on the cat? I do not personally posses the equipment to manufacture such clips. The instillation of this clip as pretty rough as it was.

Maybe if there was enough interest wvaltakis2 could make a batch of clips like these clips. In all fairness I just volunteered wvaltakis2 for this job and they are under no obligation to do such a run :D.

jblackwood

Enlightened
Re: Quark 123 with Ti clip... (deep carry)

Awe man! I just discovered his thread and asked him to make me a clip for my new RA Clicky today! If he agrees to embark on this new venture, I'll never get my clip! Oh well! The stock clip isn't so bad.

Of course, it's all just vapor until the man himself chimes in (I love that expression, I hope Don doesn't mind if I borrow it).

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened

The reason I didn't get a Quark 123 was because of the clip. These might change my mind...

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened

Foxtrot, I really dig the clip! It's very beefy and looks like it would grip a pocket well. Well done! :thumbsup:

However, maybe it's just my perspective, but when I think of deep-carry clips, I think of the clips like the one on the ITP A2 EOS light: http://www.batteryjunction.com/itp-a2-flashlight.html

Perhaps "deeper carry" (than a regular Quark clip) would be a more appropriate adjective for your clip.

foxtrot824

Enlightened

Foxtrot, I really dig the clip! It's very beefy and looks like it would grip a pocket well. Well done! :thumbsup:

However, maybe it's just my perspective, but when I think of deep-carry clips, I think of the clips like the one on the ITP A2 EOS light: http://www.batteryjunction.com/itp-a2-flashlight.html

Perhaps "deeper carry" (than a regular Quark clip) would be a more appropriate adjective for your clip.

A beefed up version of the ITP A2 EOS clip is exactly what I had in mind. Naturally I would prefer it was made out of titanium.

"The reason I didn't get a Quark 123 was because of the clip. These might change my mind..."

That almost stopped me, I figured I would find a clip solution like this one so I bought it any way.

gbelleh

Newly Enlightened

These look pretty nice, but you mentioned Ra clips. I am desperately looking for a bezel down deep carry, low profile clip for my Ra Clicky. Is anyone still making these?

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened

Is there a back plate with threads to mount in? Or do you have to tap threads in the tailcap?

Sector7

Enlightened

IF you look carefully, you'll see he has mounted tape along the area where the clip contacts the head. It rides on the slick surface while you change modes...

foxtrot824

Enlightened

IF you look carefully, you'll see he has mounted tape along the area where the clip contacts the head. It rides on the slick surface while you change modes...

While a great idea I ended up getting sick of the tape and removed it. It seems to show no signs of wear from rotating the head which I do on a daily basis. Still loving this EDC set up.

foxtrot824

Enlightened

After some inspiration from other threads about fire anodizing Ti I gave it a shot using a basic map gas plumbing torch. The pictures bring the color out more that I think it really shows but I haven't seen it in day light yet.

I am pleased with the results! This little light continues to prove it's self as an awesome EDC.

Last edited:

xenonk

Enlightened

Awesome. I've been interested in a deep carry clip since day one, and the lack of such is one of the few things I've found lacking about my Quarks. That and a more rounded tactical switch boot.

Won't the head get all scratched up when changing modes?

The stock clip rides like that anyway on the AA, or against the tail on the clipped CR123. The one on my AA tactical doesn't seem to have worn through the anodize yet, at any rate.