Dereelight MC-E vs SolarForce Masterpiece again

ranmcc

Newly Enlightened
I tried looking for reviews for these two lights and comparisons, but pictures look like they have been deleted.

Can someone put me in the right direction for comparions between these two lights. The Masterpiece looks like it will be about $30 cheaper plus it is 800 lumens where the Dereelight is only 500.

Comments or suggestions............

Thanks for any help.

Dole

Newly Enlightened
It looks like the better comparison would be the solarforce to the Tiablo ACE-G. The solarforce is considerably larger than the DBS, so some people would say you can't really compare them side by side. It now becomes an issue of whether size matters.

I know that the Tiablo ACE is about 150-200 lumens brighter than the DBS though... and I think throws farther.

I personally own the DBS MC-E and I love it... I don't think I would want to trade it for the Tiablo ACE even though its brighter... I like the pocketable size

mpireone

Newly Enlightened
It looks like the better comparison would be the solarforce to the Tiablo ACE-G. The solarforce is considerably larger than the DBS, so some people would say you can't really compare them side by side. It now becomes an issue of whether size matters.

I know that the Tiablo ACE is about 150-200 lumens brighter than the DBS though... and I think throws farther.

I personally own the DBS MC-E and I love it... I don't think I would want to trade it for the Tiablo ACE even though its brighter... I like the pocketable size

I'm looking into purchasing either a SolarForce Masterpiece or a Tiablo Ace G? Which is the better overall torch for throw and brightness?

AlexLED

Enlightened
Just a hint, althought it's out of your shortlist: the DBS MC-E is a bit more floody than the other two lights mentioned. (Due to the different die structure.)

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 3 lights mentioned all use MC-E emitters, but the Dereelight is half the size and runs at 2.1A at the LED.

The bigger lights which have the MC-E too are run harder (2.8A) and thus more lumens. The bigger lights will throw more due to the huge reflector and to be fair the big lights are 600~650 OTF while the Dereelight is 450ish OTF.

I would go with the Dereelight because it is half the size, and if you ever wanted to upgrade just give Nailbender a PM and ask for an SST-90 or SST-50 at 2.8A fully regulated:twothumbs

The Dereelight is a P60 compatible light...well the pill at least.

The others are awesome throwers, but huge and not as easy to EDC.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Craig has the Solarforce Masterpiece MC-E ( the hole light) We already know the P7 variant is good for 600 OTF, but its time to test the MC-E version and see how many lumens actually come out of that bezel.:twothumbs