Need SOB info on +/- wires to LED

dirtech

Enlightened
The Sandwich Shoppe has been down for over 24hrs and I'm dead in the water without knowing where to connect the pos led and neg led wires.

Any help?

I contacted Dat2zip but I think he's too busy to get me the info or the site is having serious issues. Perhaps he's busy trying to fix it.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Sounds like you got it already but just in case here's a pic I posted a while ago.

SOBWiring.jpg

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Note that either hole labeled LED+ can be used for that purpose. Same for LED-. Also, Batt+ is the same as the center anode pad on the non-component side of the board. Batt- is the same as the outer ground ring on the non-component side of the board.

dirtech

Enlightened
Thank you Justin Case. I take that the two holes for each pos and neg led will drive two LED's at 1000ma or would the current be split?

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you connect two identical LEDs in parallel, then effectively a parallel resistor divider applies. The current will be split 50-50.

The typical use for those holes I've seen is to build parallel-wired sandwiches of multiple SOBs to get more drive current. For example, a 3xSOB1000 -> SOB3000. See this for example.