Quark Mini 123 warm behaving strangely

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got a Mini 123 warm and am running it on an RCR123, the light is behaving a bit strangely when it goes to the hidden modes. Here's what happens:-

1. twist on off for lo-med-hi twice
2. twist off and on again, strobe, no issue
3. twist off and on again, SOS, no issue

here's where it gets weird:

4. twist off and on again, its supposed to be beacon (high) but i get 6 flashes at high then the beacon stops (is this normal?)

5. twist off and on again, it's supposed to be beacon (low) but i get the following sequence of flashes, high-low, high-low, high-low, high-low, high-low, low then it stops.

Is this normal, could it be because i am using an RCR123?

jankj

Enlightened
4. twist off and on again, its supposed to be beacon (high) but i get 6 flashes at high then the beacon stops (is this normal?)

Are you totally sure? The beacon is a very slow beacon, at least 10 seconds interval. 10 seconds is very long when you wait for something to happen. Try repeating the test and count the seconds.

5. twist off and on again, it's supposed to be beacon (low) but i get the following sequence of flashes, high-low, high-low, high-low, high-low, high-low, low then it stops.

Is this normal, could it be because i am using an RCR123?

Dunno, but I'm sure others will chime in.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do the MiNis have the blinking modes??? :whistle:

They are hidden well as it should be, I only activated them once to see if they actually work or not, but I have no idea of what shoule be blinking how and when.

One thing is sure though, the MiNis are electronically ready for li-ion, you just shouldn't use them to avoid thermal problems, so the RCR123 shouldn't be the reason of any misbehaviour.

Don't you have a single CR123A laying around to try??? :ohgeez:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'm going with what jankj said. I think you might not have waited long enough for the beacon flash.

Geoff

da.gee

Enlightened
Wait longer. Both my Ti cool with primary and AL warm with RCR behave the same way. About a ten second pause before slow beacon kicks in.

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Read the instruction manual. It says the beacon mode will blink 6 times consecutively and afterwards once every 10 seconds. As for low beacon, it will blink high-low for 6 times before reverting to just low every 10 secs.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Read the instruction manual. It says the beacon mode will blink 6 times consecutively and afterwards once every 10 seconds. As for low beacon, it will blink high-low for 6 times before reverting to just low every 10 secs.

thanks for the information, you were right

p.s. i'm a real man! men do not need to read instruction manuals, ask for directions etc etc, lol, thanks again though

Last edited: