Fenix E01 dead... help

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey guys, my E01 played up and just stopped working for no apparent reason. the batteries are charged, threads clean, what are the chances? what can i do besides buying a new one? lol

Mockingbird

Newly Enlightened
You've probably already done this, but make sure the spring is still in there and the battery is inserted the proper way.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
You've probably already done this, but make sure the spring is still in there and the battery is inserted the proper way.
if +ive stick outward is correct, then its the proper way, yup, no one stole the spring =)

wow.. these puppies are built like a tank. I am surprised.
+1

My first reaction was: WHAT?! then can fail?:oops:

There's no point send it in for warranty as the shipping cost itself is pretty much the cost of a new light itself... lol

Pull the spring out and clean the inside of the battery tube.
hmm... the tube's sides are anodized, the only bit thats not is the front end and the interior rear end, the contacts looks clean enough to me, i clean it again none-the-less, no change.. =(

But then if i twist & turn the spring a bit, then the light fired u! =D.

I found out that the head module is working by wiring put a battery with the head and it fired up. So it must be contact problems, but all the contacts are cleaned already, so it must be the spring!

Thank you for help guys, the E01 legend lives on! :hitit:

LG&M

Enlightened
Glad to hear you figured it out . I thought the world was going to end. Tuff little light.

r1013

Newly Enlightened
I also bought mine about 1.5 years ago and mine did the same thing a few weeks ago. I wasn't sure what to do. I searched on here when it happen and found no answers and never posted... Thankfully I came back again tonight and seen this post.

I had already checked the spring. I assumed it wasn't dirt or water etc... as it has never been wet, dropped etc... It looks new except for nicks from my keys.

I then tested the head as mentioned above (I should have thought of that) and it worked. Great!!

I then turned the spring some and that didn't help. But I assumed it must be the spring area. I pulled out the spring and there appeared to be some type of powder/residue where the spring contacted the inside of the tube. I couldn't see it looking inside the tube without removing the spring because it was only right where it contacted. I cleaned it off and WOOO HOOO it works again!

I was really missing it since I used it almost everyday. I love the clip. I use it on my hat a lot like a head lamp. It's pretty handy!

Thanks for the help guys.