SR90 runtime graphs

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey everybody - I've had a couple of these Olight SR90's for testing since the Shot show and people have been asking us about them so I decided to do some runtime graphs. I only have data for high right now. I'm gathering data for medium as we speak.

781666989_XiKoo-O.jpg

The Y axis is the actual lux readings x10 at 8.5 feet away.
Note that I cut off the fan 35 minutes into the third run (yellow)

:party:

Last edited:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully I'll edit this soon - I don't see graphs yet?

Edit:

Found it! I saw it when I quoted your post. Now you've got it, so I'll pull it from here.

Last edited:

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to see the thermal sensor is working well on the SR90!

Even with the fan off, the drop from 1100 to 950 really wont' be that noticable in "real world" use.

Like the SR90 but...

Like the S1200 better! Here come the SST-90s! :D

stallion2

Enlightened
nice, that's far better than i would have expect in terms of heat managment. i ordered one and have been a little uneasy as to whether it would heat up and damage the emitter. kinda nice to see such a small drop. i figured thats the most likely reason for the delayed release. looks like the extra time may have paid off.

Last edited:

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
interesting, i suppose that means we better at least be holding it when its in action to provide some sort of cooling for it

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Permissions errors are weird animals. Is the leveling off due to thermal changes?
I don't there there is thermal management.
interesting, i suppose that means we better at least be holding it when its in action to provide some sort of cooling for it
Trust me your hand won't do that much against 30W of consumption :) It may help a little, but just a little :p

stallion2

Enlightened
its passive cooling. kinda nice that it can still be done that way w/ something this powerful. the fewer parts that can fail, the better. i'm sure it can't last forever, even Porsche eventually had to give up air-cooled power plants.

astcal

Newly Enlightened
The Y axis is the actual lux readings x10 at 8.5 feet away

forgive me for the noob question: it that the standard way of measuring light output of a flashlight? Is the 2200 Lumens reading of SR90 from LED or actual "OTF" as you do for all 4Sevens Quark lights?

pepko

Newly Enlightened
really 65000 lux /1m ????

i don't think so ...

my aspherical maglite SST-90 has only 38000 lux /1m at 10A ...

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually 11000 lux at 8,5 feet is 74000 lux at 1m.

Really impressive :) This light is definitely in HID territory.

4sevens: can you post a graph with Y axis starting from 0?

wapkil

Enlightened
nice, that's far better than i would have expect in terms of heat managment. i ordered one and have been a little uneasy as to whether it would heat up and damage the emitter. kinda nice to see such a small drop. i figured thats the most likely reason for the delayed release. looks like the extra time may have paid off.

Yup, the heat management looks really impressive indeed. I don't know what's the relation between the temperature and brightness for SST-90s but if it is similar to MC-Es, the LED junction temperature at the end of the runtime with the fan off would be only around 75 deg. C. The output lower by less than 15% is also not something I would notice :)

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually 11000 lux at 8,5 feet is 74000 lux at 1m.

Really impressive :) This light is definitely in HID territory.

4sevens: can you post a graph with Y axis starting from 0?
I guess I could. Those were the data points I have. Starting from 0 would just make the graph really tall - no point unless you're comparing with other lights.

Latest posts