Jetbeam MX1 Problems

sjudson

Newly Enlightened
Just received my Jetbeam MX1 great light but with a few problems. This is the green version and the switch is much darker than the body of the light. The extension tube bottomed out before the inside made contact . Light would not work with extension. Vendor is working to fix these problems,but I could be stuck with a off green switch.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
You mean M1X right?!

Does it have a double o-ring at the tail-end of the extension? If so, try removing the o-ring closest to the threads, see if this helps. I had this exact same problem with my fivemega M-series 2x18650 body. I removed one of the o-rings and now it works with most of my tailcaps.

btw :welcome:

Just received my Jetbeam MX1 great light but with a few problems. This is the green version and the switch is much darker than the body of the light. The extension tube bottomed out before the inside made contact . Light would not work with extension. Vendor is working to fix these problems,but I could be stuck with a off green switch.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
earlier batches of M1X has their own type of extension tube with slightly different threads. that M1X u got and the extension tube version might be a mismatch, confirn with ur dealer.

LowFlux

Enlightened
Anodizing mismatches (as far as darker/lighter shades) appear to be normal with Jetbeam. Of the 4 I own, only 1 has identical shades for the head, body, and tail cap. It would have to be attributed to the fact that each of these components would be anodized separately which would lead to the variations in shade.

You can't see the flashlight in the dark, and the colors won't affect performance; in my opinion. :whistle:

JKL

Enlightened

You may try to put a metal ring inside the extension,in order to make contact among flashlights parts the ring must have the same internal diametre of the extension.

sjudson

Newly Enlightened
My first post and I name the light wrong, yes it is M1X. I have returned the first tube, hope he doesn't send another from the same lot.