Any E1E Mod suggestions???

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought an SF E1E last fall and almost immediately placed a KL-1 on it after recieving it. Since then, I haven't take the KL-1 off or used the original bezel since.

My question is, is there any easy mods that I could do myself or are there any individuals out there that would be willing to do a mod on the original bezel to make it more useful.

I was hoping to either put a colored LS in it or a Opalec Newbeam module (or something similar). But at this point, I'm open to almost anything, since its just collecting dust right now.

Anybody have any suggestions??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
MSaxatilus,

I am working on getting some components together to allow for a simple build of a module that can drop into the E series bezels. The bezel itself requires a hole drilled from the back through the reflector. This is easiest done on a lathe but can be accomplished with a hand drill, vise and some care. I hope to be able to share the parts and program within the next month or so.

- Don

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don,

Considering all of your other goodies, I'd be very interested to see what you have to offer!! I'll keep an eye out.

Thanks,
DAVE

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be interested in a bright incandescent mod. How about building a 2.5A, 2.3V lamp assembly?

Is there an easy way to modify the MN01, MN02, or MN03 LA with such a bulb? Is there such a bulb? Even a 1.8A, 2.5V bulb would be interesting.

Paul

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
This thread reminds me of one of my brain-fade moments when I could've/should've snatched up one of Don's offerings in B/S/T back in mid-May of this year... check out McG's little wonder HERE. (Pics from McG included half page down the thread.)

Curse my indecision! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

-Jim

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jim,

Yes, that is a sweet light. I saw it, too. But I continued to gaze. I think I know how the deer (in the headlights) feel.

Paul

McGizmo

Flashaholic
ExMB,

The McLux 1x123 and SF E1(e) are interchangeable as hosts.

What has kept me from doing more of the Ex mods has been the time required to machine the modules, one at a time and the PITA in accomplishing a good and dependable ground path. With the new components in the works, the labor intensive portion of the mod will be diminished considerably. Hopefully these components can and will be used by other modders as well as DIYers. The key component also figures in to a McLux-5 that I am working on. I guess I'll post a thread on a firsst draft of it.

- Don

Raindrop

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PieThatCorner said:
This thread reminds me of one of my brain-fade moments when I could've/should've snatched up one of Don's offerings in B/S/T back in mid-May of this year... check out McG's little wonder HERE. (Pics from McG included half page down the thread.)

Curse my indecision! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

-Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

Since everything that shows up for sale on the Forums from McGizmo is so cool, I think it is a very good thing I wasn't a member of CPF sooner. I have no resistance when it comes to a chance at buying one of McGizmo's creations. Note to self, must resist! ~~~~ Nah, why bother /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif That was a seriously /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif light.