Looking for Light with Catapult's Throw & ACE-G's Spill?

2Reason

Newly Enlightened
After an analysis of many beamshots and specs, I had a hard time choosing between the ThruNite Catapult and the Tiablo ACE-G. That's because I wanted something with the Catapults throw and intensity, but with a more floody beam like the ACE-G. I could not find any such light.

Does anyone know of a light that combines those beam characteristics?

Last edited:

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
After an analysis of many beamshots and specs, I had a hard time choosing between the ThruNite Catapult and the Tiablo ACE-G. That's because I wanted something with the Catapults throw and intensity, but with a more floody beam like the ACE-G. I could not find any such light.

Does anyone know of a light that combines those beam characteristics?

Not possible. If you want more flood, then you're gonna have to give up throw. It's like saying: "I want a 12 Ga. shotgun that has the range of a slug and the spread of bird-shot". Is there a shotgun load that will give me both?

sqchram

Newly Enlightened
You just gotta get a floody beam that throws your required amount. Maybe look into a multiple emitter light like an elektrolumens fire sword, or an HID light.

coolperl

Newly Enlightened
How about EagleTac M2XC4 (R2 version)? It has great throw and wide, bright spill. I own neutral model and it's an amazing flashlight.

joe1512

Enlightened
If you go to DX under sku.30683, there is a Trustfire 1200 that might be promising...if you are willing to do the DX gamble.

Reviews were positive and it has 5 Q5 emitters which give it amazing throw and decent spill. There is a user video that shows it in use, vs a P7 and it is significantly brighter with what appears to be good throw.