Question on Inova T-Series

jrhelga

Newly Enlightened
Hello. I had a question on the Inova T-Series. I bought a T-2 because I didn't like the fact that my X-5 dims as the battery is used up. I read that the T-2 has uniform brightness throughout the battery life. But this is not the case. I already sent it in one time and it still has the same problem. Additionally, when the flashlight gets wet, I notice there is some water inside the space that contains the light bulb. Is this normal?

I have read some reviews of T-Series flashlights on the web, and some of them have noted that the brightness dims as the battery is waning... I don't know whether it is always supposed to be the same brightness or not... Thank you for your feedback.,

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Do you mean regulated vs. direct drive?

With direct drive, output dims gradually as you use the light. The light keeps getting slowly dimmer until you replace the batteries. Regulated means that you get the same level of bright output until just before the batteries are depleted. Then you get sudden drop off to a very dim level.

That sudden drop off is present in all regulated lights. If your T2 gets noticeably dim just before the batteries are depleted, that's normal. You're not going to get an LED light that starts off super bright and stays that way up until the batteries die. You'll always get that drop off near the end.

polkiuj

Enlightened
The T2 is regulated. The current to the LED is constant up to a point. That is your battery. If you use 2 x CR123A primaries as intended, then you will get the dimming at the end of the battery life.

If you use 2 x RCR123 then it is a sudden cut-off. =)