• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 XPG modules in warm, neutral, cool white/ SST-50 -90 P60 dropin Modules (part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
PART 5 !!! CLOSED P60 Style Custom Drop - in modules for SF and other Products. (part 6 can be found here)

Here I am offering P60 Style drop ins, they are available with Leds from the following manufacturers with some of the leds that will be offered are below.

SSC Seoul
- P7 , P4
Cree - MC-E , XP-E, XRE , UV THE NEW XPG are here in warm , neutral or cool white
Osram - Diamond Dragon , Golden Dragon Plus, GDP IR/ Ostar IR
Luminus - SST -50, SST -90
Nichia - UV
K2 TFFC
-
Rebel

Ledengine- UV

Please refer only to part 5 for prices and current selections.

These modules will fit any flashlight that accepts a standard P60/D26 Style module.

IF a GREAT host is needed here are some great hosts by Five Mega to look at (HERE)

Here is one of the emitter in the base and converter board
emittersmall.jpg
Driversmalljpg.jpg

View of the module from the top and typical beam shot

Finishedtopsmall.jpg
Wallshotsmall.jpg

You can still see a bit of a doughnut hole in this picture but most of the time we can focus all or most of it out.

This is a picture of the new reflector made for the Cree XPE & XPG This gives a very smooth and concentrated hotspot.
XPEmodule-1.jpg

New OPTICS Modules for XRE
Top.jpg

All of the modules end up being as close to standard length as possible The large die leds are much thicker and there is a small possibilty that there will be a crack at the head and body. I keep all as short as possible so if there is a crack there is probably nothing that can be done.

All hosts are slightly different and one module may fit tight in a SF product and a bit loose in a FM Nite clone or an FM C but they will fit all. One may have to have the spring cut down to allow the head to close more or a whole spring may be needed to keep the module from rattling.

Here are some of the modules that can be purchased with some of the configurations.

Most LED's are carried in Cool White, Neutral White, or Warm white. Please ask if available for your led.

ALL LEDS BELOW ARE STOCKED

Seoul P7 $65 -
3.6v - 6volts /1- 3 or 5 levels /Cool or warm tint
Seoul P4 $ 30 - 3.6 - 6 volts (14V in 1 level) 3 or 5 levels/ Neutral White

Cree XRE - XPE - $30
- 3.6 - 6 volts 3 level/ 3.6 -8.4V 3 levels / XPE R2 available in Cool / neutral
(Q4 5B) and warm tints plus new XPE Green , Red
XRE OPTICS Cool white , neutral white and warm whites. 8degree/ 40 degree/ 60 degree.
$37 for module and 1 optic $40 with 2 optics

Cree
XP-G R5 -$35 C1 tint Cool white neutral white or warm white / 3-6volts 3 levels / 3.6-8.4volts in 3 levels.
DUAL XPG (Linger Special)
$45 R5 flux 1C tint. 3 level 2.5 amp 3.6-6 volts max
Cree MCE $ 75 - 3.6 - 6 volts/ 1 - 3 or 5 levels / Cool - Neutral - Warm bins
Cree UV XL 7090 $45
(395nm) 3v-6volts /1 level

Osram Diamond Dragon $40 - 3.6 -6 volts / 1 level / Ultra White and WARM WHITE/True Green / Red
Osram Golden Dragon Plus $40 -3.6 - 6 volts -/ 3.6 - 8.4v 3 level only/3 or 5 level @6v/ Ultra White, White, Warm White tints
Osram Golden Dragon IR $45 (850 & 940nm)-3.6v- 6 volts /1 level
Osram Ostar 21 watt IR (850nm) 9-12 volts 1 level

Luminus SST-50 - 3.6 -6volts /1 - 3 or 5 levels / Cool White
(PM for Quote) BACK IN STOCK W65S-GJ102-WJ-G3 plus a very few 4500K neutrals
Luminus SST -90 - 3.6 -6 volts /1 - 3 or 5 Levels / Cool White / 5700K neutral / 3000k warm 83CRI - Green - Red $80

K2 TFFC - $40 - 3V- 6 volts / 1 level / Cool White - warm white
Rebel - $30 -3v-6volts /3 and 5 levels /cool white , neutral white

Nichia UV 365nm (PM for Quote)

Ledengine UV 5&10 watt 405nm14 volt 1 level
These are very powerful quad based die that are made for curing adhesive. I also offer one that is part UV part Dental Blue that is a professional led for curing adhesive for the dental industry. These are in the Nichia price range. (please PM for quote)

NEW OPTIC STYLE MODULES FOR XRE

Pictures are below in post 3 new items at the bottom.

ANY MODULES LISTED AS 6 VOLTS MAX CAN NOT BE USED WITH LIFEPO4 BATTS. THERE HAS BEEN TOO MANY PROBLEMS WITH THESE BATTS AND PROPER CHARGING METHODS. WARRANTY WILL NOT COVER BOARDS BURNED UP BY USING THESE BATTS.
I am sorry for any inconvenience it has caused.

Low power special. I have a good driver that is a boost driver and works with XPG quite well, I can now make modules that will work full power with a AA battery or 1Xcr123 primaries.

I try to buy and test the newest bins as they come out such as R4 flux bin 1C tint in the XP-G or R2 flux bin WD tint in both XPE and long throwing XRE or the new Luminus products SST 50 or SST 90

I have Neutral whites for most of the leds I stock including Q4 5B in XRE and Q3 4C , 5B in XPE. I also have neutral whites in MCE with Kbin 4C & 5B. Don't forget UBin P4's

I also have a wide variety of Warm whites in stock from most manufacturers. Plus high CRI led's are available
I have LOW POWER modules for long running leds. These are a great substitute for Incan lovers who want more runtime and a bulb that won't burn out. They even have incan tints.

If you have 3P one cell lights that are your favorites I have great long running lights with buck boost converters that will give good run times in lights with leds like XRE, XPE, GDP.

Just remember if you don't see it or don't understand something just write and I will
help.

Please specify what host and batts you are using when inquiring about a module or led. There are many driver configurations and the change regularly as demand changes.

When ordering please post your order in the thread plus put details of order and address in PayPal notes. Also please list CPF Nickname in paypal notes. paypal has been bad lately about not sending shipping addresses please make sure it is listed in paypal or in paypal notes. What I receive from paypal is what you will get.
Make sure your address in paypal is correct becuase that IS WHERE IT WILL BE SENT. If you want it mailed to an alternate address you need to make sure I acknowledge that the paypal address is incorrect. Do not send me an alternate address with out making it known the paypal address is incorrect if it is not stated I want my parcel sent to an alternate address it will be sent to the paypal address.

MY Paypal info in biography or PM for.
Credit card users please add 4%
When funding with cash please use personal tab and gift as the option.

Beam shots are posted below and new products will be posted below.

I will also have a spot for users to post beams shots or better yet links to beam shots

D36 for M STYLE lights are (HERE)

IN NEED OF A HOST HERE ARE TWO GREAT FORUM MEMBERS THAT CAN HELP

Here on BST get Five Mega 1 & 2 X 26500 host (Here) These are some of my favorites

On marketplace get Fivemega 18mm Bodies in 5 Sizes Here
Jason will take care of you.

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: P60 MODULES in XPG / SST-50 -90 & MCE/P7 P60 dropin Modules for Sf product (part

beam shots

SST-50 on left and SST -90 on the right
SST-50.jpg
sstbeam.jpg

Warm MCE on Left & Mbin Cool White on Right.
warmwhitebeamshot.jpg
CoolWhite.jpg

XPE Beam shot / XPE R2 VS Diamond Dragon

xpebeamshot.jpg
R2XPEonleftDDonright-1.jpg

XRE R2 VS K2 TFFC Warm / P7 VS XPE R2

R2K2TFFCsmall-1.jpg
P7R2-D01binXRE.jpg

P7 beam shot / MCE warm

P7Hotspot.jpg
WarmMop.jpg

Red Diamond Dragon on left / Green Diamond Dragon on right

Red.jpg
Green.jpg

Green SST 90

greensst90.jpg

XPG R4 looks great with very smooth beam in these reflectors

XPGC1.jpg

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: P60 MODULES in XPG / SST-50 -90 & MCE/P7 P60 dropin Modules for Sf product (part

New Products

Linger Special, this is a module that was conceived through member Linger. Out north of the border friend asked me to put 2 XP-G leds on a 10mm board side by side. So I was somewhat worried about heat and the small board and becuase of design of the board and extra mass I went with a 14mm board.

These are mounted side by side on one board and they work perfectly.
They produce 510 lumens out the front of floody yet very bright light. There is a small doughnut hole in the beam pattern on the wall but little if any is noticed outside.
This has become my wifes new light of choice. As she says I want the bright one.

beam.jpg
topimage.jpg

Wild looking are they not.

Price will be $45 and will be using a 2.5 amps 3 level driver which pushes them pretty hard.

Dave

New Low Power Special I now have a good boost driver that will work with several of the leds and with voltages from 1.2v to 4.2v. These will push a XPG at 1 amps on a AA battery.
So anyone who has a single AA cell light I have a good driver for it. These also will be great with one primary for pocket rockets.
More on this one later.

OPTICS FOR DROP INS

Here is another new product. This is a way to use optics in a Drop in module. This was a few months back shown by another member and he told me that he did not mind if I had these milled.

I have to thread lock the holder so that the right distance from the led is stable so switching from a reflector to this is not recommended.

These are made for XRE and work great with them I have 8Degree narrow and 40 degree and a few 60 degree.

The pictures

Inside.jpg

Top.jpg
side-1.jpg

The optic snaps lightly on the XRE frame and is held in by the glass in the lamp head.

I will try to get some beams later tonight.

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

These are some Chinese cloned Lamp Holders they fit all C & P Surefire models and most clones I would imagine. I bought some to fill some FM C hosts & FM Nite hosts I had that needed heads, I bought a couple of each while I was getting some.

The quality is quite good I thought. There may be a speck of anno missing where the aggressive flutes and ribs are but very little as you can see by the pictures.
The ribs and flutes should help cool the heads some.

Any bezels you have for your C or P surefire or clones will fit these just like they do any SF product.

Here are pictures, hopefully most detail can be seen since they are black it is harder to show.
Left side I call bottom ribbed and hex shape. Right side is bottom ribbed & fluted

bottomfinHexnoflute.jpg
bottomfluteFin.jpg

Left side I call top ribbed & fluted (out of stock for one week) is my favorite although may be to aggressive for some. Right side is top view as top is same on all

topfluteandrib.jpg
topshot.jpg

Here they are on a FM C style host and a 18650 FM Nite host
onhosts2.jpg

Prices are the same for any of the three.

Price of heads are $ 30 shipping included CONUS

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

MEMBER BEAM SHOTS

Great outside Beam shots from member ELHO showing SST 50 and SST 90 modules in use. This has some great outside shots
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=247547
Thank You Elho

I have a few more in the last section I will dig out and any you all have and want posted let me know.

Last edited:

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dave,

I also wanted to mention that I do like the versatility the different levels provide, especially in a smaller hosts. Great to have the portability, power, and runtime in one package.

However, would your programer be able to adjust the memory function to the 'off' cycle instead of the 'on' cycle? Sometimes I just need a blip of light here and there, but end up having my retinas fried because I was expecting Low to come on, but instead got blasted with the High level. It also makes it easier to set your memory on the level you want because you don't need to have the light on for the 2-3 second period. Don't get me wrong, I love the drop-in, but am just putting my $.02 out there.

Thanks for the D36! Hopefully the FM host and the drop-in will arrive around the same time.

Thank you very much!
Brian

Roger Beep

Newly Enlightened

Dave, I need some help here :candle:

I work in LE and love my G2 Nitrolon. But the one thing that bugs me is the single stage...This is where you come in.

I am looking for a 3 stage with the following requirements:
Low: ideal for reading papers at a traffic stop and a quick swoop through a vehicle. Natural color rendition I think is very important in this kind of situation.
Medium: in house/room inspections. Swooping through a place, again real color rendition is important to actually see what is going on.
High: gotta spot something at a longer distance, see if my perp is out there. Actual color rendition is not that important anymore. Just to be able to see is what I need.
Runtime is important also. The more, the better!

Now, I am not an expert in al those different led types at all. And in fact it is not really my kind of thing either to be honest :shakehead I have other qualities...
Can you please help me pick the best and use the crap out of my G2 for some more?

Last edited:

JohnF

Enlightened

I'm not Dave, but have a number of his drop ins, so here is my opinion - if it is dead wrong, I'm sure others will chime in:

I'd be hesitant to use the SST's / P7's in the G2 because of potential heat problems. That still leaves a whole bunch of options.

Linger special - will excell in (1) and (2) but falls short for (3).
XR-E would be good at (3), not so good at (1) or (2)

My suggestion would be the XP-G 3 level direct drive, OP reflector. On low, fine for reading docs, writing tickets. On med, enough spill to work well for checking out rooms, cars and such. On high, it will throw pretty well, and depending on batteries draw 1.2 - 1.4 amps.

There are always trade-offs, of course, but I think that would work well. 2nd choice might be SST-50 (lots of light, good throw and spill), but not sure about the heat with the G2 for extended use. Runtime will be far better on all modes with the XPG.

The XPG Dave is currently using is the R4 with C1 tint - very white, not a hint of blue on the cool side and not a hint of yellow/green on the warm side - it is just 'white'.

All my opinions, of course.

John F

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dave, I need some help here :candle:

I work in LE and love my G2 Nitrolon. But the one thing that bugs me is the single stage...This is where you come in.

I am looking for a 3 stage with the following requirements:
Low: ideal for reading papers at a traffic stop and a quick swoop through a vehicle. Natural color rendition I think is very important in this kind of situation.
Medium: in house/room inspections. Swooping through a place, again real color rendition is important to actually see what is going on.
High: gotta spot something at a longer distance, see if my perp is out there. Actual color rendition is not that important anymore. Just to be able to see is what I need.
Runtime is important also. The more, the better!

Now, I am not an expert in al those different led types at all. And in fact it is not really my kind of thing either to be honest :shakehead I have other qualities...
Can you please help me pick the best and use the crap out of my G2 for some more?

Hi Roger

I would say XPG but they don't have any neutral or warm whites for your higher color rendition. Now it is not ugly blue and a decent tint but if you are looking for warm then we need to look at maybe a Q45B in a XRE.

I have 3 level no problem. Usually they are 100% 45% 15% as levels go.

Most have a 3 second memory set.

Dave

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast

However, would your programer be able to adjust the memory function to the 'off' cycle instead of the 'on' cycle? Sometimes I just need a blip of light here and there, but end up having my retinas fried because I was expecting Low to come on, but instead got blasted with the High level. It also makes it easier to set your memory on the level you want because you don't need to have the light on for the 2-3 second period. Don't get me wrong, I love the drop-in, but am just putting my $.02 out there.

I'm going to quote myself because I need to make a correction. :oops::shakehead:whistle:

The memory function DOES set itself on the OFF cycle duration (at least mine does). Blip through to the level you want, leave the light off for 2-3 seconds and the memory sets. NO WONDER I was having some issues getting the level I wanted. Problem is solved!

When was this changed? I was under the assumption that they all were set by the ON duration?

So, I stand corrected, and now the drop-in has the same type of UI as my Haiku XP-G and makes for a much less confusing experience when transitioning from one to the other.

Roger Beep

Newly Enlightened

Thank you so much JohnF (also for chiming in) and Dave for your input!

I realise that I want it all in one package an that this means some compromises have to be made, but heck it's gonna be waaaay better than what my colleagues have (most of them don't even have a decent Surefire to begin with...). So either way, I know I will have a winner in my hands :twothumbs

So the way I see it now it will be between a:
XPG
or
XRE-Q45B

Is there any diference in runtime and heat build up between these two?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you so much JohnF (also for chiming in) and Dave for your input!

I realise that I want it all in one package an that this means some compromises have to be made, but heck it's gonna be waaaay better than what my colleagues have (most of them don't even have a decent Surefire to begin with...). So either way, I know I will have a winner in my hands :twothumbs

So the way I see it now it will be between a:
XPG
or
XRE-Q45B

Is there any diference in runtime and heat build up between these two?

Hi

THe XP-G is the newest and supposed the most efficient. It will be the brightest of the two and would be my choice.

The Q45B is very popular because of the higher CRI but as most neutrals and warms not as bright.

I think that you would be satisfied with the XPG although not a true neutral it is as stated a good white white. It also has a little more punch if you ever need to look through some dark car windows.

I also agree with John that the sst is a real show case and maybe a good upgrade later with a different host but much less run time more heat is assured.

I would not think heat to be a problem with your light and the XPG.

Dave

Roger Beep

Newly Enlightened

You got me convinced! The XP-G it will be.

Since I live in The Netherlands, could you please PM me a grand total including shipping (USPS Intl Priority never failed me) so I can head some PayPal your way?

warx23

Enlightened

:paypal: for a Linger Special and a top ribbed & fluted bezel.

I will be using this with a IMR 26500 single cell FM host. Id like it to be a 3 speed.

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Dave,
Looking for a P60 style pill for an Aspherical project. What would be the best? A Cree XR-E R2 ?? I want maximum brightness on a single Li-ion battery. 1 mode only. Do you have such a pill? Thanks.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Dave,
Looking for a P60 style pill for an Aspherical project. What would be the best? A Cree XR-E R2 ?? I want maximum brightness on a single Li-ion battery. 1 mode only. Do you have such a pill? Thanks.

Hi

Yes that is not a problem, XRE R2 I have in WD tint which is a great tint.

Single mode driver is not a problem.

Price is $30 shipping included conus

Thanks

Dave

stygian

Newly Enlightened

Hi Dave,

The Red Diamond Dragon drop in was great - thanks.

A couple of questions about the linger.

1. Any plans for a R5 version?

2. I have an extender tube for the Solarforce L2P (so 2x 18650 is possible). Is the linger drop in capable of taking 3.6-8.4volts in 3 levels or is only one 18650 advisable (3.6-6volts).

Thanks
Matt

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

Paypal cash sent for Linger Special (3 mode) and SST-50 (3 mode). :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Small community - when I was unemployed and had plenty of time I was Linger's "shipper" from the US for a while. Employed now and in an apartment south of Chicago - makes it a PITA getting a fedex or ups shipment and less time to go to post office (although local post office isn't too far away). Linger was nice enough to send me an XPG drop in he made. :twothumbs

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Dave,

The Red Diamond Dragon drop in was great - thanks.

A couple of questions about the linger.

1. Any plans for a R5 version?

2. I have an extender tube for the Solarforce L2P (so 2x 18650 is possible). Is the linger drop in capable of taking 3.6-8.4volts in 3 levels or is only one 18650 advisable (3.6-6volts).

Thanks
Matt

Hi Matt

I am glad you liked it, the DD red is a cool color. It is a bit more of a red red as alot are red orange.

The dual XPG is only 6 volts max as it uses the same driver as a P7 or SST50 and I only have 6 volt only.

I still have 50 or so R4 out of a few hundred I have to go through before i consider buying R5 material. I am actually hoping to hear something about higher bins by then. The R5 that I have tested are only about 15 lumens brighter.

Dave

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Dave,

So, I noticed that my Linger special is at least another 100 lumens brighter when using 2 CR123 rather than the 18650, and as I think about it, seems the drops I want to use I can't use rechargables because the CRC123s are too much, and the 18650 doesn't push enough. Things will get expensive without being able to use rechargables.

So, is it possible to use a buck on a driver to run a 6v with 2 CRC123 or a boost to run a 6v with an 18650? Particularly I'm thinking of your more powerful drops, like the Linger Special, SST-50, and SSt-90.

Thanks Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.