The EYEFRYER is one H**L of a bright light!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
Being that two or three of these little buggers have been constructed (and the fact that they are so top-notcher) I believe this review belonges in the general flashlight section. In truth it is a spotlight ,and yes, in a sense a mod. However those sections are not exclusively where this topic belonges so please leave this thread where it is as it will do the most good here.

For those of you who were around earlier this year to see Bigwuss's post regarding his EYEFRYER I would like to say that it was folly of us to believe that his claims were overrated. It's uncommon for the things that are the best and the brightest to go unoticed in the way this was. I confess that my pride in my anduril mod and my stubborn belief that surefire and a couple other BIG proffessional companies had a corner on the max light output market. Never ever agian will I so drasticly underestimate the claims of a person who has hundreds of yards of testing ground to work with.

Last week I spent my vacation with Bigwuss and experienced firsthand the overwhelming power of his creation in all it's firey glory. I have had many bright lights in my time including the 12pm hola and the ultrastinger. The surefire dominater would ceace domination in the face of this peice of bottled sun. In fact the ultrastinger (which many including myself have stated to have a beam superior in output to the m6) seemed to give off a weak and thin beam that had the saturation of a 3d maglite. *ouch*

While the actual numbers will be left to quickbeam I will divulge the secret to its brightness - a 100w lamp taken from a police flasher bar.

after begging for a week to have one made for me Bigwuss finally conceeded to take my dim optronics 2 million cp spotlamp and have it tranformed into the light that the rest of you flashaholics dream of. To get a brighter light than this one must purchase a maxibeam although why you would need or want anything brighter than this is beyond me- I have finally found a light that leaves me bereft of spit each time I turn it on. This light is destined to be on MR. BULK's must have list. It literally has the power to bring you to your nees. My only regret is that A) I did not force him to make this for me sooner and B) that I lived in spot were the danger of being picked up by cops for playing with it was not so real. Even though I live in the country so to speak, this thing is so bright that I risk arrest each time I turn it on. For now it is my designated bump in the night light because the ablility to physicly and mentaly disable an aversary is a comforting thing, for everything else this is overkill.

bwcaw

Enlightened
BWCAW, er bigwuss, here. I did make one of my
EYEFRYER lights for Aragorn, but the real secret
of the light, is the 14.4v Nimh makita battery.
The lamp is not 100 watts, as previously thought,
but tested at 55 watts, but for some unknown
reason, it was brighter than the 100 watter that
the optronics light came with. BTW his is not
really THE EYEFRYER, because he is still using
the stock lead acid 12v battery that came with
his spotlight, but you hook that baby up to a
14.4v Nimh, and that thing ROCKS!!! Not to toot
my own horn here, but the EYEFRYER is really the
brightest incandecent that I have ever seen,
save maybie train headlamps, and aircraft landing
lights.

All that was needed for the construction was an
Optronics spotlight, an EYEFRYER lamp, and a 14.4v
power source. If anyone is interested, I can give
you some pointers, like lamp part no., and battery
info.

Ratso

Enlightened
Hey guys, have you heard about Kenshiro's "Mod 2"? Almost comparable to the X990! It is a Vector spotlight with 100 watt bulb.

Status
Not open for further replies.