Tool Logic

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, im not sure if this is exactly on topic, but i recently bought a couple of the tool logic 'sl-pro' survival knives, they have mini waterproof led flashlights built in that use four lr41 ag3 alkaline batteries that appear to be run in direct drive, which id expect from something that small anyway. I was just wondering if anyone on here had any idea what mcd the led's were as im looking to see if its worth upgrading them to a higher spec..

Here's a link if anyones intersted: http://www.toollogic.com/slpoutdoor.htm
:thanks:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for that link,fancy one of those magnetic key chain lights not bad for $11.95.Are they posting out to the UK?

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, don't go telling everyone but heres a link for you to get the knife with one of the magnetic lights (real rrp £30 not £7.95 as listed on website) posted to your door anywhere in the UK for £3.95.. seriously i didnt believe it at first but my first 4 arrived today, 3 days after ordering and theyre all as advertised. Best buy i've made in ages :twothumbs

Sorry, forgot the link: http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_8&products_id=107789

Great website btw, cheapest eneloops in the UK too.

Last edited:

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Btw, i know on the picture it shows a knife with the sharpener insert but all four of the ones i recieved had the mini magnetic lights in..

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
What the hell? How come we can't get them that cheap in the US?

I want the one with the fire starter.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
What the hell? How come we can't get them that cheap in the US?

I want the one with the fire starter.

And I want the 1 with magnetic light,will trade it to you if they send the fire starter type at cost price.:D

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually have one of these little magnetic lights that I got a few years ago. It's actually a very practical little light :nana:

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one a few years ago so they may have got better but... It ran on three tiny little button cells and was a fairly naff 5mm LED. The LED may have gotten better but it looks like they still run on the little button cells so I wouldn't suspect it would be much good. Also, the coating on the magnet rusted through in no time.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, to be honest i wasn't very impressed by any of the lights on the knives, they run unregulated on 4 tiny alkaline ag3 cells and dim pretty quickly to a very low 'moonlight' type level, they seem to be simply soldered into a direct drive board, so i've ordered some (hopefully) higher mcd led's from dx to mod into the knives, which at £3.95 each are a pretty damn good buy.. theyre still retailing at over £45 (Yes £45!) on other UK websites.. :thinking:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, to be honest i wasn't very impressed by any of the lights on the knives, they run unregulated on 4 tiny alkaline ag3 cells and dim pretty quickly to a very low 'moonlight' type level, they seem to be simply soldered into a direct drive board, so i've ordered some (hopefully) higher mcd led's from dx to mod into the knives, which at £3.95 each are a pretty damn good buy.. theyre still retailing at over £45 (Yes £45!) on other UK websites.. :thinking:

I have ordered one today from the link you had and yes spot on for eneloop.Will have a play around on the mods if I can as well.