Outside pics of a Cyan luxeon light???

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody got any? Preferably 5 watt. Would help to have comparisons to white as well.

Those who have Cyan lights and can't provide pictures, does it look green-blue when your shining at trees or into the woods(in real-life conditions)?

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, when driven to specs (both 1w & 5w). However, when the 1w is over-driven (450-550ma), it gets considerably whiter (haven't over-driven the one 5w cyan I have). If you choose this route, just make sure you have real good heat sinking.

Dan

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have 5W cyan and white LS products, but I live in a very crowded city with no ready access to trees or woods. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Best I can do here is shoot both of them at a white wall and snap off a picture.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I no longer have a 5W cyan turbo but as I recall when I was shooting trees, the foliage responded with a good return signal. I would clasify the image as bright and monochromatic as one would expect. No photos; sorry.

- Don

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pics of overdriven cyan vs non over driven would be appreciated! I'd like to see the "white effect"!

Latest posts