New Zebralight H31

radicalray

Newly Enlightened
Just got 2 H501 and a H50 this week, waiting to get CR123A looks like its almost time

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the heads up! :party:
Woohoo, the AA version is out.

Edit: Not until March and April. :ohgeez:

Last edited:

gollum

Enlightened
they are looking good...
I like the straight ahead version aswell
could these be the most compact factory lights in their class I wonder

my old H30 is tiny

branespload

Newly Enlightened
This light looks so cool but I'm wondering how a reflector would work.. i'm assuming you don't get pure flood? I was hoping for an updated (tech and aesthetics) version of the H30..

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
For hiking this could be a perfect compliment to the H30. I've always thought the only downfall to the H30 was that you need to carry a light for throw with it. Obviously I knew that when I bought it but I'll complain anyway :). I think my backpacking trips this year will include an H30 and H31!

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe by its estimated ship date there will also be a neutral-white version.

Stevie

Newly Enlightened
This light looks so cool but I'm wondering how a reflector would work.. i'm assuming you don't get pure flood? I was hoping for an updated (tech and aesthetics) version of the H30..

I haven't got the page up at present, but from memory you get roughly 70 degrees of flood and 8 degrees of hotspot. If I remember rightly, the zebralight page says hotspot is 3 feet wide at 20 feet.

So, looks like a nice combination of throw and flood. :twothumbs

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Once they offer an 18650 or AA version of the reflectored ZL's, I'll be the first in line!

Looks great!

Ace12

Enlightened
I'm still waiting on an all flood model that takes two CR123A.

liketotallyrandom

Newly Enlightened
From the SC50 description:

"2Hz flashing mode, in the H2 sub-level when 14500 batteries are used, or in the H1 sub-level when 1.5V batteries are used."

Hmm. Is that really a correct description? So if I use a 14500, it jumps from 38 lumens to 193 lumens. I mean, a 2 Hz flash is completely useless. That's sort of a deal breaker for me. WHY oh why did they do this?

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The H501 UI is the best UI I have used. What other UIs lets you access any level of brightness quickly with a minimal number of clicks? Proton has something similar, but I prefer the Zebralight UI.

The UI for the SC50 is an improvement over the H501 UI with the inclusion of 2 levels of brightness for Low/medium. And the lower low is the moon mode that lasts for about 21 days, which makes it possible to use this light as a night light.

There have been some confusions about the new Zebralight UI.

Since this thread is about the H31, my apologies for the little derail.

Last edited:

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been e-mailing Zebralight frequently with questions, trying to get information about their new products and updates to the existing line. In their last reply, they indicated that the flood headlamps will be redesigned for the CREE XP-G some time this year, but have no definite plans yet.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm I was going to wait til the "h61" or equv. came out but
I might have to get the 31 and just carry an extra batt.
think these will work with RCR123s?
Im assuming they will.

I want one.
:paypal:

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think there is much of a holdup really. Their site clearly says Estimated Availability will be late March or early April.

I guess we have to wait until then. But I too am ready to send some monay!

Latest posts