How many lights do you EDC?

How many lights do you EDC?

• Zero. And you are registered on CPF....why?

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • One. Hey, even a single light carried all the time puts you way ahead of the typical person.

Votes: 44 25.4%
  • Two. Two is one, one is none. Gotta have a backup, right?

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • Three. Two is one, one is none, three is fun!

Votes: 46 26.6%
  • Four. You never know when you will need a hand-out for those who aren't prepared.

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Five. You are counting button cell lights, aren't you?

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Six. Do you use a backpack or a murse?

Votes: 4 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Warp

Enlightened
And I mean truly EDC. This is Every Day Carry here. If you have fewer at work than otherwise use the at work number, for example. I have a feeling the numbers will be high enough without people answering with their out on the town loadout. :crackup:

Yes, this is a ripoff of the currently running thread but I like polls. Much easer to get a general overview quickly and easily.

Edit: I meant to put "six or more" as the final option. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I'll own up to being the first vote for 6.

In truth it is generally more. I always seem to have quite a lot in my pockets, not just torches - but it will be 6 or more on most days.

:tinfoil:

Warp

Enlightened
Well I'll own up to being the first vote for 6.

In truth it is generally more. I always seem to have quite a lot in my pockets, not just torches - but it will be 6 or more on most days.

:tinfoil:

Well crap, I meant to put "six or more" as the final option. Sorry about that.

I have quite a lot in my pockets as well. Without big cargo pockets I run out of space quickly, though. My vote was for 2 lights even though I often have three or 2 + spare batteries for the primary.

I also meant to work spare batteries into the poll somehow but couldn't figure out how to do it well.

tolkaze

Enlightened
Well, i'm buying a lot of lights these days, in all different formats. I am trying to find out which ones work best with the work I am doing.

Really though, I have a 1xCR123a light, and a keychain light as my EDC's, with maybe a different extra light or two at the moment. Finding around the office, a 1 or 2x AAA light is really handy, and doesn't look out of place, but something for the field has to be more rugged.

SO somewhere between 2 and 4

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
A vote for three here, and it sure is fun!

After thinking about it, I will always have at minimum:

-EZCR2 in a holster on my keychain
-EX10 clipped in pants pocket for general use and easy access
-One bigger light, whether it's 1*18650 or larger, will be sitting within reach at my desk or be in my backpack when I'm out (or in a belt holster for the few occasions I don't have my bag); this would typically be an L-Mini II, FireLion, or modded 2C Mag (ROP or P7).

The more the merrier, especially when going for a walk at night and/or carrying my backpack, but that is my minimum.

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted zero but I forgot about the Draco on my keychain. Should have voted 1.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Four is what I voted.

Sometime more, never less :)

A photo from a few weeks ago, now updated with a Haiku XP-G in place of the L1, and A SunDrop XR-U inplace of the MiNi Ti (not on my keys though, in my pocket)

A Silver E1b also takes the E2DL's place from time to time.

I don't carry the knife in public for obvious reasons, but it is on me around the house. (Sorry for the off-topicness, just wanted to abide by local laws :p)

P1143179.jpg

andyw513

Enlightened
I admit to having three. I keep my Solarforce L2 in my coat pocket, my free keychain light from LightHound on my keyring, and either an LED 3c Maglite or my L1200 in the car. (I'm in my car a lot throughout the day).

andyw513

Enlightened
Lights in your vehicle don't quite count.

Well, I forgot to mention I do carry it around when I'm out of the car. Most of the time I'm out, it's dark, so it's pretty much with me all the time. It's an every-day user too, I'm constantly scanning perimeters with it. (Stupid thieves, lol).

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Sometimes four, but usually three. So I voted three.

I EDC other items as well. Just got a Maxpedition 3x5 notepad organizer. Yes, I carry so much stuff that I need a pocket organizer. But it's black and manly. :grin2:

hoongern

Enlightened
I'd say 3. 10440 li-ion LF2XT always around my neck, Quark AA Tac on 14500 li-ion in my pocket or clipped on, Fenix E01 on keychain.

If it's at night or if I know I will be using a light, I also carry my Seraph SP6/9 with whatever bulb I feel like having at the time (either a TL-3, LF IMR-9 or WA1111)

This is down from 5 when I also used to carry a PD30 and Romisen RC-N3... but I decided that they all just replicate the Quark's functionality.

And of course, I also always have 3 extra cells with me - an AA Eneloop, 14500 Li-ion and AAA Energizer Lithium, which I carry in a small bag in my pocket.

rje58

Enlightened
I voted two. Currently my two EDCs are a CR2A-E1 and a Romisen RC-G2 Q5. I could stretch it and say 4, but I don't want to include the tiny 5mm LED light I carry on my keychain, or my car light - a Romisen RC-N3WW.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
I counted 7! Oh my I think I'm going crazy...

I counted the lights in my work bag and I have:

Photon on the Keys (yes I counted the button cell lights)

Maractac AA in the pants pockets

Fenix Tk20 in the flashlight pocket (CC BOB XL)

Fenix L2T V2.0 (inside the bag)

Fenix HL20

Xtar TZ50 loose in the main compartment of the bag

CR123 Backup light in the Spec Ops Packrat organizer

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own plenty of lights and take several when camping - but everyday it is just 3. There is a LF2XT R2 on my keyring and a Ti Infinitum in my left jacket pocket as well as a D10 R2 in my left jeans pocket. I don't worry about spare batteries, if one goes flat I'll just grab another light. If I use one of my lights a bit then I'll recharge the battery once I get home.

ACHË

Newly Enlightened
Three was my vote.

#1 - Small RCR123 or 14500 light for general everyday use in a quick access location.

Novatac 120P, Jetbeam Jet-II Pro I.B.S., Nitecore EXTREME, D10, EX10, Liteflux LF3XT, Maratac, etc.

#2 - Larger 18650 or (2x)CR123 light for whren you REALLY need a lot of light.

Eagletac T20C2, T100C2 MkII, Jetbeam Jet-III M, Pro ULTRA, Raidfire Spear, Lumapower MRV, etc.

#3 - Single programmable AA light: A reliable, lightweight backup light that uses the most common
battery available pre-programmed to Hi - S.O.S. - Beacon.

AKO-Ray K-106

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted 3.My main EDC is usually a neutral Quark 123 but I will use others on occasion.Always have Red and Purple Photons on my keychains and figure they count because they are capable lights in their own right.If I am wearing a coat the number jumps to 5 or 6.Usually a larger 2 cell light and some sort of back-up to my EDC.:D Of course there are a few lights in my truck/van as well.;)