Inretech Trilight vs Surefire L4

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do these lights put out about the same amount of light? I know they are completely different sizes and meant for diffetent applications, but I'm just interested in how the outputs compare.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
The total output of the TriLight would be less than ¾ of that of the 5 watt L4. I think the TriLight is driven at spec, or underdriven, and I'm not sure about the drive current of any Surefires.

But, the TriLight has three 1 watt luxeons, and the Surefire has one 5 watt (5 watt luxeons are four one watt luxeons, series-paralleled).

FoxMulder

Newly Enlightened
I've read that somewhere too, dang it I can't remember where but I thought I saw the L4 was 2.5 watts. Argh, this is going to kill me now ....where did I see that!?!?!?!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
l4vss6.jpg

The SureFire L4 is on the left, the InReTech Trilight is on the right.
I have not metered them for this picture (on a wall about five feet away), but on my website, the L4 is 700,000mcd and the Trilight is 400,000mcd.
These values assume new batteries in each light.

FoxMulder

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
Just because that's the power going in, doesn't mean that's the actual driving Watts.

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
The L4 is indeed underdriven, at 620 Mah. Got it from Da Man hisself over cocktails while jetskiing (hey, we multitask here in Hawaii, even while doing fun stuff).