Not open for further replies.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like AE Light has released their trump card:

http://www.aelight.com/product.php?category=11&id=238

LX50a-web.jpg

LX50_1awebCustom.jpg

-Dual output 35/50W ballast with 4250K bulb

-3200 lumens on low (110 min) and 4700 lumens on high (70 min).

-Claims to project beam out to 2000m, but its useful throw will likely be far less (but nonetheless very useful)

-HA exterior with detachable handle; drilled to fit standard camera tripods

-Holes on the end of handle and battery for a lanyard/carry strap

-Weight: 3.7 lbs w/o handle, 4.3 lbs with handle

-Dimensions: 12" long; the widest diameter on the head is 3.75" tapering down to 2.75"; Battery is 2.25"

-Battery is replaceable and capable of 1000 charge/discharge cycles; features a protective circuit to protect from over/undercharge, and has a replaceable slow blow fuse in the case the battery is shorted

-Submersible to 50m (doubles as dive light)

-Rotating magnetic switch allows user to go from 35W to 50W.

Retails for $2100.

With the build quality of the current Xenides, this 35/50W is a no-brainer. I'm curious to know if this light will have "instant strike" and what its dimensions are (not specified on the AE website).

This will in fact be my next big HID purchase. It may take a while to save up, but who cares.

You gotta love the added detail at the beginning of the light's description: "in association with LEMAX s.r.o., makers of nuclear research and automotive equipment":D

Awesome.

-

Last edited:

N10

Newly Enlightened
just noticed that as well....looks pretty good!
Color Temp: 4250K!!

Patriot

Flashaholic
Very cool new development and the best HID news for some time.

Natural HA body......"Right on" AE Light! :thumbsup:

Great looking shape and machining! :clap:

Has the look of a over-grown Surefire LX2 :drool:

Dual output! :twothumbs

50m water resistance! :cool:

On the silly side, you gotta love all those specs given but without the light dimensions even mentioned. :shakehead

Regarding the warm up time, it should be pretty good if they're using a 35W bulb at 50W. Probably faster that most dedicated 35W lights like the L35, POB, and Ti-mega Illuminator. I'm eager to hear more about this.

CajunJosh

Newly Enlightened
AE lights are one of my favorite, hope they have a quick warm up time. I love the battery level gauges featured on both Polarion and Titanium Innovations L50 & L70. If AE could work something like that into this light I would be up for adding another AE to my collection.

Flashlight Enthusiast
As soon as i saw this i sent them an email regarding the dimensions & start up time, hopefully I'll get a response soon.

Patriot

Flashaholic
$1800 :thinking:

Well, this ought to be interesting. It's $1200 more than their top 25W light and in the same price point as the Polarion X1.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for that link XeRay. now that i look closer at the pictures on the AE lights website, you can see where they blurred out LEMAX on the tail.

N10

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the pdf XeRay....looks exactly the same as the Xenide but branded Lemax(never heard of that one)! Wander if it's lemax that's been rebranded or the Xenide that's been rebranded. looking good though

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the pdf XeRay....looks exactly the same as the Xenide but branded Lemax(never heard of that one)! Wander if it's lemax that's been rebranded or the Xenide that's been rebranded. looking good though

Lemax is one of our customers for over 1 year. AE is selling a Lemax product.

Lemax is a serious player in Europe.

Read this link, they mention Lemax right at the beginning.

http://www.aelight.com/product.php?category=11&id=238

Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got a reply from Marc.

Retails for $2100 and AE currently has one left in stock. They are made in production runs of 20 pcs by LEMAX. Replacement batteries are yet to be priced.

Not sure if 276 got a response yet, but I'll send AE another email regarding dimensions and warm-up time.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got this email minutes ago

(Looks like we forgot to put the dimensions up. The AEX35/50 is 12" long, the widest diameter on the head is 3.75" tapering down to 2.75", the battery is 2.25".

The AEX35/50 uses AC circuit for the lamp and ballast, so the startup time is much shorter than the AEX20 & AEX25 which are DC circuits. On turn on it instantly goes to 80% light output and rapidly within 2-3 seconds is at full power. It also has hot re-strike capability to 100% output like the AEX20 & AEX25.

Status
Not open for further replies.