UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crash

Enlightened
half New Orleans, half Baton Rouge, Louisiana
WHO DAT???
WE DAT???

The French Quarter looks like it is TWICE as crowded as any Mardi Gras I've ever seen in my entire life!!!!!!!!!!!!

We could hear car and truck horns on the interstate!!!

The fire station around the corner set off the sirens and horns for minutes!!!

Fireworks to rival the Fourth of July!!!

Spontaneous parades and displays of absolute JUBILATION all over the city and on into Metairie!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULEZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the home of the WORLD CHAMPION SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, congrats to the Saints! They had an incredible season and a whole lot of heart. I'm glad they will be bringing the trophy back to New Orleans. The city has suffered immeasurably in recent years. The Saints earned their trophy with hard work and dedication.......

CONGRATS TO YOU NEW ORLEANS......you deserve it! Party time.....:party:

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations! I'm so glad for N.O. and for long-suffering Saints fans. It was one of the few good SB games - so often they are one sided. The onside kick to open the second half was a brilliant gamble that paid off big. I like the way the coach took chances, like the fourth-and-goal attempt.

leukos - if World Champion means "Best in the World" than those Saints are it. Baseball is different because it's played at a high level all over.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I never thought in a million years that N.O. would have won the Superbowl against Indy. They never got over the shock of an onside kick to open the 2nd half. As more of a Colts fan, I really have to give it to the Saints and how well they played. I'm still shocked.

They earned their World Championship title.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats Saints and fans, I never had a doubt about the winner.
I know when my home town won its first SB it was the beginning of a vast and great change, and NO needs that change, it will elevate pride, bring in business and revenue revitalizing a unique American city. :party:

rebelbayou

Newly Enlightened
From the heart of cajun country, WHO DAT? WE DAT!
Good things come to those who wait, and we have waited a long, long time. Voodoo magic in reverse... :devil:

Crash

Enlightened
Leukos

You may be right but after 44 years of wearing bags on our heads and being called the "Aints", we're going to take a bit of poetic license and enjoy ourselves for the rest of the Mardi Gras season.

The SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS will take part in a full fledged Mardi Gras parade in their honor on Tuesday. It was scheduled when they won the NFC Championship, BUT NOW, the whole city is going to shut down to celebrate!

Let the good times roll!

Happy Mardi Gras CPF!!!!!

Bill

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
im from CA, but have lived in houston for a year and also met many people from louisana, and really wanted to visit N.O. (this was before katrina). i missed my oppurtunity and still regret it. ive heard only good things and everybody that ive met from there are great people, im happy the people of New Orleans is doing better, and good things are happening.

GO SAINTS!

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats, but the title "world champion" is a bit of a misnomer for a sport almost entirely played within one country....:party:

Seconded.
I had to get down to the forth post before I realised that you were talking about the Superbowl and even then I had to stop and try to remember if that was Baseball or American Football. :confused:

DimmerD

Enlightened
I can't believe they went to the Super Bowl, now they went and won it!
WHO DAT!! My wife fell asleep just before Manning threw the interception, I woke her up hooting and hollering, she was like what?

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats, but the title "world champion" is a bit of a misnomer for a sport almost entirely played within one country....:party:

It is an uncontested title.. Know of any group out there that thinks they can beat an NFL team? :rolleyes:

apontes

Newly Enlightened
It is an uncontested title.. Know of any group out there that thinks they can beat an NFL team? :rolleyes:

NFL, afaik, stands for "National Football League". How can one be "world champion" of a national event? :thinking:

Grats on the championship! :thumbsup:

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
congrats to all the Saints fans. Long overdue. Next year can we pray for Cleveland..........................

Bill

rje58

Enlightened
Who are the World Cup Soccer champions, out of curiosity?

What about the cricket champions?

Update: I looked it up. Italy! who knew?
Oh, and the cricket champions? Australia, that's -if- the "ICC" is the official championship?

Seconded.
I had to get down to the forth post before I realised that you were talking about the Superbowl and even then I had to stop and try to remember if that was Baseball or American Football. :confused:

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Who are the World Cup Soccer champions, out of curiosity?

What about the cricket champions?

Update: I looked it up. Italy! who knew?
Oh, and the cricket champions? Australia, that's -if- the "ICC" is the official championship?

I've heard of soccer....tried watching it a dozen times, and is always as boring as watching paint dry, but isn't cricket some little chirping insect? :poke: :devil: Maybe it's that silly game when they prance around on horses pointlessly hitting balls in between sips of wine, while lording over their peasant subjects? :poke: :devil: Or am I confusing that with a kids game in the swimming pool, screaming out with closed eyes: "Marco?"

Crash

Enlightened
Hello everyone - on THE DAY AFTER!!!!!

When you pit the number 1 seeed in the AFC against the number 1 seed in the NFC, the winner is one heck of a football team no matter WHAT they're called!

The real winners are the people of New Orleans. Call them very, very, very HAPPY!!!!!

Bill S.